Anyone carrying a Smith M&P auto

This is a discussion on Anyone carrying a Smith M&P auto within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've owned both the full size and compact M&P9, both are great guns to carry....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone carrying a Smith M&P auto

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I've owned both the full size and compact M&P9, both are great guns to carry.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

2. Remove Ads

one of my M&P's..............40L with Trijicon night sights. This one is by far the "baddest" of them all.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I was finally able to pick up my new M&P 9 FS late Friday afternoon. I made a quick stop by a friends house on the way home to try a few rounds before the sun went down.

Wow, I must say it was scary accurate right out of the box. Every bit as accurate as my G-23 but much more ergonomic frame. Ripped off three magazines of 115 gr. WWB FMJ's. So far it's 100% with no hiccups, FTE's or FTF's.

I'm holding out until I get the new Trijicon HD sights before I post some pics, but my earlier post has some stock photos of the one I got which has a flat dark earth colored frame.

My first impressions... Awesome!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I was finally able to pick up my new M&P 9 FS late Friday afternoon...My first impressions... Awesome!
    Congratulations! I think your first impressions will be lasting ones. Remember, everyone likes pictures...

“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    one of my M&P's..............40L with Trijicon night sights. This one is by far the "baddest" of them all.

That's badass! In a Cheech Marin voice!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    I just bought this tonight.

M&P 9 in Flat Dark Earth. It comes with 3 hi-cap magazines, Blade Tec Holster, Blade Tec Mag Carrier & Uplula Mag Loader.

Since I had to go to Cabela's across state line it will have to be sent to FFL so I should be able to pick it up on Friday. Too bad I couldn't walk out with it tonight. Especially after driving 200 miles round trip.

Tomorrow I'm ordering Trijicon HD night sights and will should have them installed as soon as they come in, if they aren't in stock at my friends gun shop.

I can't wait to shoot it. Will probably add Apex trigger kit, but want to break-in the factory trigger and see how it is first.

I will post my own pics after I get to shoot it and give a quick AAR.

Trijicon HD Night Sights I've seen both colors of these sights on M&P's in person. The orange and especially the yellow really "pop" in any type of ambient light and especially in full daylight. Almost like Fiber Optics but are luminescent paint so any light makes them active for a period. The center dots are standard green tritium.

You are killing me! I want one in that color! I just can't or my wife will know I got more then one M&P! LOL.......... It would be hard to sneak a forth one if I changed colors! haha

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    You are killing me! I want one in that color! I just can't or my wife will know I got more then one M&P! LOL.......... It would be hard to sneak a forth one if I changed colors! haha
    Simple solution. Just take one of your existing ones, and have the frame Cerakoted or Duracoated. That's what I was planning on doing until I saw this dealer exclusive through Cabela's.

Saved me the extra expense of having it Cerakoted, but if this wasn't available, that's what I would have done.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I carry and M&P .40 on a kholster. Great gun to shoot. It is VERY accurate and an exceptional firearm to carry. I would not sell or trade mine for anything.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

Quote Originally Posted by joeyrh9 View Post
    I carry and M&P .40 on a kholster. Great gun to shoot. It is VERY accurate and an exceptional firearm to carry. I would not sell or trade mine for anything.
    Same here, I carry mine in a blade-tech kydex holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    Same here, I carry mine in a blade-tech kydex holster.
    Mine came with a Blade-Tech Kydex... I haven't really tried it out yet. How is yours working out?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    Mine came with a Blade-Tech Kydex... I haven't really tried it out yet. How is yours working out?
    Blade Tech is a local company out here with a great reputation. You are going to love your setup.
    Bark'n likes this.

I have been carrying an M&P9C for over 2 years now. I have no fears of carrying with one in the chamber, nor do I fear having an accidental discharge (because I train on the draw). I carry in one of two ways: IWB Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe or OWB Desantis Speed Scabbard. It is comfortable to carry and is a very accurrate shooter.

I also have 2 glocks (a 23 and 19) and there is some difference in the trigger. It was gritty until I had about 250-300 rounds thru it. It smoothed out since then and is a nice steady pull. (never checked the pull weight but it is comparable to a glock stock trigger) The reset is very easy to feel and I can get right back to target quickly.

I have well over 5500 rounds thru it. Train with it, take care of it and I assure you it will take care of you.

I finally got out to the range today, the outdoor range that is (it was pushing 50 degrees today), to shoot my M&P 40 FS for the first time. This is actually the first time I've shot a handgun in quite a few years. Sent about a hundred rounds downrange at 7 and 15 yds. Except for some dipping here and there, groups were within 3-4" or less. No FTF or FTE's. The gun performed flawlessly. Just need to put some SD round through before I start carrying.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    I finally got out to the range today, the outdoor range that is (it was pushing 50 degrees today), to shoot my M&P 40 FS for the first time. This is actually the first time I've shot a handgun in quite a few years. Sent about a hundred rounds downrange at 7 and 15 yds. Except for some dipping here and there, groups were within 3-4" or less. No FTF or FTE's. The gun performed flawlessly. Just need to put some SD round through before I start carrying.
    Glad to hear your first range trip with it went well!

- Sent via Tapatalk on Android -

I am looking at an M&P9c for carrying. I've shot the full size and it is great might be a bit large for me to carry in warmer months.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links