Any Ruger LC9 Owners Out There? - Page 3

Any Ruger LC9 Owners Out There?

This is a discussion on Any Ruger LC9 Owners Out There? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an LCP for pocket carry, I was looking for a single stack 9mm platform, but everything in this size either has some kind ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any Ruger LC9 Owners Out There?

I have an LCP for pocket carry, I was looking for a single stack 9mm platform, but everything in this size either has some kind of issue or super lousy trigger pull. Then I decided to look at the double stacks and came along to the SR9C. I fell in love with the trigger, has one of the best triggers in that size class IMHO.

VIP Member
    My LC9 is in the pocket holster right now. Trigger is learnable

I have an LC9 and carry it everyday. The trigger for me is not a big deal. Any gun has things people need to be efficient with. So for me the trigger was just something to practice on and I feel extremely confident with. I carry IWB @ 3-4:00, in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I love the setup. I think it is too long for me to comfortably pocket carry, but I do not like to pocket carry in general. It is thinner than my 442 which I carry as my BUG in my pocket in an uncle mikes holster.

Practice with it and it will serve you well. I like mine, and Ruger is a good company. I am looking into a 1911, for similar reasons that I got the LC9, semi-auto, thin etc.

Good luck, stay safe.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    I have an LCP for pocket carry, I was looking for a single stack 9mm platform, but everything in this size either has some kind of issue or super lousy trigger pull. Then I decided to look at the double stacks and came along to the SR9C. I fell in love with the trigger, has one of the best triggers in that size class IMHO.
    I have the LCP,LC9 and SR9C You are right the SR9C is great it is an over looked gem of a weapon. The LC9 is still a lot slimmer and works well for CC when you need something smaller

VIP Member
    For the times when thin is in! It needs to be shot to get the feel. After a few hundred rounds not so bad!

I searched for two years for the right cc carry weapon and I have a safe full! Then I traded for a nib LC9 a week ago and I found what I was looking for. Thin, light, 9mm and for someone that grew up shooting revolvers the LC9 was the the right choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SwatMedic338 View Post
    Other "pocket" 9's off the top of my head......

LC9
    Kimber Solo
    Beretta Nano
    Sig P290
    Rohrbaugh R9
    Taurus 709 Slim
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-tech PF9
    Walther PPS

The list is long, many choices and I'm sure I forgot a bunch of them.
    What he said. Im looking for a slim 9mm for summer when its just to hot to carry a larger gun. I might just carry my thunder 380 cause im getting an xdm 3.8 9mm for other dutys. Im also looking at the kel-tec taurus and the lc9 if I can get a deal on both pistols.

The LC9 is great for CC but a bit too large for pocket carry IMO. I love the trigger and think it's the most accurate small frame 9mm I've every shot. It serves it's purpose nicely. I just picked up an OWB holster at the Tanner Gun Show from Michael Kole.

IMAG0513-1.jpg
    Ruger: SR9, SR9C
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Quote Originally Posted by Denver2012 View Post
    Hey all,

First time poster here!
    Just got my CCW permit for Colorado in the mail today, very excited. Now, I need a weapon to go with the license.
    I was at Cabela's and saw the Ruger LC9, looks like it really fits my needs; thought about the Solo, but it seems it just has too many issues.
    For those of you who OWN the LC9, can you comfortable pocket carry it in jeans?

Thanks!
    Yes pocket carry with black hawk pocket holster

Have you considered the Kahr CW9? When I compaired the the LC9 and the CW9 I really liked the CW9 better. I have over 700 rounds through mine with no issues, it feeds what ever I put into it. The CW9 is very accurate and has a very smooth trigger. I don't like a safety on a self defense gun either. I know a guy that was attacked, went to shoot the perp and the safety was on and the perp ended up breaking his arm, the perp could have killed him but thank God he didn't, but the guy is still recovering. The perp was caught later and is currently in jail awaiting trial. Good luck in your search.

LC9 owner here. Had a bit of an issue with the hammer reset spring, but Ruger made it right. So far I like the gun just fine.

Is the trigger long? Yeah. Is it the worst thing since the invention of triggers (a seemingly common idea)...no. It's just fine. It's what you get used to/train to.

A friend of mine has an LC9. I've played with it a little, and in MY hands, it feels like a brick.
    I played with the Kahrs, and they were ok, but, just not exactly for me.
    I did a LOT of research on the Kimber Solo, and I actually found one about 2 weeks ago and as soon as I picked it up, I HAD to have it. I was really hoping Kimber had all the bugs out of them. I think I have 2-300 rounds through it, and I took it apart to see if any of the issues I'd read about on the older ones were there, and I got a good one. I don't consider myself a very good shot, especially with iron sights, and it will consistently make head shots at 15 yards.
    The other big plus for me was that Crimson Trace makes a lasergrip for the Solo. I picked one up last night.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links