Diamondback anybody? What's the verdict on the DB9 - Page 3

Diamondback anybody? What's the verdict on the DB9

This is a discussion on Diamondback anybody? What's the verdict on the DB9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rdpG19 Was at the range one day a while back and one of the Diamondback guys was there testing their guns, my ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Diamondback anybody? What's the verdict on the DB9

Quote Originally Posted by rdpG19 View Post
    Was at the range one day a while back and one of the Diamondback guys was there testing their guns, my buddy got a chance to fire a few 9mm rounds with one of the test guns, it actually hurt his hands and trigger finger. Their not really recommended as very reliable here in Fla. Just my 2 cents worth.
    What makes them unreliable? The one I have runs flawlessly, and with my man hands it doesn't hurt:what: Just curious how many did you test?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwalshco View Post
    Saw you have a PF9 also. Is the DB9 an easier shooter, about the same, snappier? Had a PF9, have a P3AT now as well as a Kahr P380. All pretty punishing after any extended period of time. But I'm much better with the limp wrist deal now.

My opinion is that the Keltec PF9 and the Diamondback DB9 are both the same in *snappiness*. I find that I shoot the DB9 a tad more accurately because the PF9 has a longer DAO trigger pull. I like both of them. Also with both you can not limp writst them. I hope this helps. God Bless

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Again just my observation and experience with these small guns. When first shooting these small 380's, 9's, and 40's, to the shooter, even experienced ones, they may or will be suprised and *may* limp wrist it causing malfunctions during the first magazine or 2. This is when they will either give up and say that the gun is trash, etc. However if they keep at it and keep shooting for about 50-100 rounds, they will see they will get used to the recoil snappiness and the malfunctions will tend to decrease. I hope this helps. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tookerw1040 View Post
    What makes them unreliable? The one I have runs flawlessly, and with my man hands it doesn't hurt:what: Just curious how many did you test?

I'm glad the one you have runs flawlessly. The one my shooting buddy fired DID NOT. I don't know which model he shot but the 3rd rnd FTL and the 4th rnd FTE to me that is unreliable. I will add that this took place about 7 months ago and I did state that it was a test gun so I'm sure they have worked out the problems. I see them in the LGS and at Gun shows now. I believe that Diamondback is trying to become a major gun company and thats great. I would not buy one or recommend it to a friend, now this is all based on what I saw that one day, Plus I've spoken with a few people that have bought them, tried them and sold them.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tookerw1040 View Post
    I experienced three problems with one that I bought, none of which were due to limp wristing, though this is a also a problem with them that will make them unsuitable for some shooters such as my wife who does not have the wrist and hand strength to completely avoid it, try as hard as she might.
    The problems I had are:
    1 - walking pin, which has supposedly been addressed, but the one I bought didn't have this modification
    2 - extreme finickiness in ammo, with a particular sensitivity to length. This may also exacerbate limp wristing problems or appear as a limp wristing issue. To me, this says poor design tolerances.
    3 - the slide binding and sticking after firing the first round, which also indicates something mechancially being out of whack.

Overall, they just don't give the impression of being a high quality product. I too had one and sold it and would neither buy another or recommend it.

I think it's a beautiful gun.

It is poorly designed. Poorly tested. Has spotty QC if half or more are saying how great it is and the other vocal crowd speaks about how much of a Crap Shoot it really is:

My DB9 is in the shop.
    1st 200 rounds, FTF/FTE almost every magazine. Ramp chipped but it didn't interfere with feeding.
    Took it to my gunsmith. He adjusted the lips of the magazine. Shot 100 rounds flawlessly. Shot it again. FTE/FTF.
    Walking pins. Fixed it with their redesign of the pins.
    Shot again. The trigger stopped resetting. Brought it to my gunsmith. The frame cracked internally.

It's been in the shop more than in my house. Decide for yourself. What would you rather have?

When I get mine back, it's likely going to be only for the range, plinking. If you value your life, look elsewhere.

If and When I get this POS back, I'm getting rid of it. I get more pleasure in shooting. Not trouble-shooting a gun.

2 THUMBS DOWN on this POS.

Lifetime NRA Member
    marcclarke likes this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I fired 50 rounds through one and gave a range report quite a while ago. It was an ok gun and I only had one fte. But I wasn't sold on it. I would possibly consider it but for now my LC9 can fill the more concealable single stack 9 option for me.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I get more pleasure in shooting. Not trouble-shooting a gun.
    +1 on this comment. I had a DB380 that went back 3 times. I traded the new one they sent me after the third trip for an LCP. I have been seeing equal positive and negative reports on the DB9. 50/50 gamble with my life? I think not.

I talked to a guy last week who recently bought one and had failures on every mag he shot. He promptly returned it for a J-frame.

I honestly wanted to love it. It's just one thing after another. When this comes back and it fails, again, then what?

It may "Look like a Glock" but that's where the similarity ends.

iPad/Tapatalk
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I'll be completely honest here, I don't think I have ever seen a firearm get as much universal criticism as the three pages I just read here about it.

To the OP; When your buying a CC firearm, don't "settle". If you go into a firearm purchase wondering about the gun, every little thing that happens is going to make you extremely worried, and before long you won't even want to take it out, you will just want to get rid of it.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    I'll be completely honest here, I don't think I have ever seen a firearm get as much universal criticism as the three pages I just read here about it.

To the OP; When your buying a CC firearm, don't "settle". If you go into a firearm purchase wondering about the gun, every little thing that happens is going to make you extremely worried, and before long you won't even want to take it out, you will just want to get rid of it.
    Well said. No matte the firearm there will be contradicting views, even the Glock has haters.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    save your money and buy a G26!!!!!!!!!
    or better yet, an lc9 or m&p9

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Make "limp-wristing" a non-issue and just get you a J Frame or LCR. You'll save several hundred dollars in ammunition expenses and a whole bunch of frustration costs. Just don't understand why people spend time and money trying to get a gun to be reliable. Hey! If it doesn't work right out of the box.....I don't want it. If you insist on pocket carrying a pistol, go get you a Glock 26 or 27, at least you can count on them being reliable..................

Kahr has filed lawsuits for patent infringement against Diamondback.
    Kahr News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links