Beretta Px4 Storm

This is a discussion on Beretta Px4 Storm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone carrying this weapon? I put one in my hand yesterday at Academy Sports and was impressed. Any feedback would be much appreciative!...

Thread: Beretta Px4 Storm

Beretta Px4 Storm

Anyone carrying this weapon? I put one in my hand yesterday at Academy Sports and was impressed. Any feedback would be much appreciative!

2. Remove Ads

Beretta must have a hard time competing with Sig, XD, Glock, etc..

I alternate the Beretta PX-4 9mm with my SA XD-9 SC. In my opinion, it is a great gun, fits my hand, is extremely accurate. My son first purchased the gun and after holding his, I also purchased. Never had a problem with misfires and shoots everything I have feed it.
    Ralph
    NRA Life Member
    "Don't ever confuse being familiar with being safe."

Yeah, I carry one. It's a great handgun. Recoil is very low (even for 9mm, not sure about the .40 one) with the rotating barrel system. It's more accurate than I can manage. I've got several thousands rounds through it with no problems whatsoever. Rails, can change the handle size with the backstraps, and it's not expensive. Best clincher for me is that it's reversible for a lefty.

It is a full size handgun though, so it could be potentially hard for you to conceal in the summer. Although, I don't have any problems as long as I wear a shirt that's a bit loose.

I did a range report on this forum on my PX4 Storm in 40. Click on the search text on the page, enter px4 storm and you will see my report and other posts about the px4.

After you have read my range report, if you have additional questions, let me know.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I almost bought one for my wife after we were at a gun show and it fit her hand great. When I went to the gun store I buy from they told me they would not get it because they had sold 5 and all five came back, with in the month they sold them.

So I have still not bought the wife a pistol.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

I had one briefly this year, but just traded it out for a P228. Really, it wasn't because of any shortcomings on it's part.....I'm just a SIG man. I think the worst thing for me was the DA trigger, but to be fair I didn't give it enough break-in time. The balance and grip are first-rate, as is the fit and finish. It's a relatively large weapon but works very well for CCW, and the capacity is excellent. Overall, a very solid contender and very worth a look.

I carry the PX4 in a cheap GunMate padded nylon IWB. I've got a HighNoon Slide Guard coming in a couple of weeks, though, and I'm really looking forward to it. I conceal it under an oversized cotton shirt. When fall comes, it'll be ideal. I will probably get something smaller by next summer for warm-weather carry.

As for the gun, I've got about 1500 rounds through it and the only time it jammed was when I limp-wristed it my first time shooting - it was my first handgun. It shoots great - very accurate.

I got to shoot one in .40S&W and was amazed at how little recoil I felt. Actually, what I was missing was the "twist" of the G22 I used to have or the "snap-whip" of the XD40sc I had at the time. I found it to be accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Reliability? I didn't have enough rounds through it to say.

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

It's a Beretta, jamming won't be an issue.

Is my carry weapon as well. It is very accurate with little recoil. I've found it to be abit easier to conceal than some other full sized pistols g17 and 92fs because of the shorter barrel length. The safety/decocker is a nice option for myself, but is easily converted to a G model with only a decocker. There is also a constant action version C you might look into as well. It is a very reliable tool, I had 1 stovepipe in the first 20 rounds, but that was my fault, the other 1000 have had 0 ftf/fte. Disassembly is quite fast, a field strip can be achieved in about 5 seconds. Go to berettaforum.net for more information from people with px4's.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    I almost bought one for my wife after we were at a gun show and it fit her hand great. When I went to the gun store I buy from they told me they would not get it because they had sold 5 and all five came back, with in the month they sold them.

Do you have any more information on this? It is the first time I've read anything like it in regards to the PX4 and would be interested to know what they "came back" for.

The PX4 does admitedly start out life with a fairly rough trigger, but it smoothes out quite nicely after break in. My PX4 now has a trigger comparable to my friends 92G Elite-2 that has a trigger job, and I've done nothing to it besides shoot it. They should also be cleaned and lubed before shooting as the shipping lube is not ideal for the rotary barrel system.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post

All the stores in my area (southeast VA) are frequently sold out of the PX4. I haven't heard of any returns or seen any used ones available. I got mine back in April and I've had absolutely no problems and the accuracy is great! The PX4 is still my only handgun so far and I carry it whenever I can. The hot, humid weather is sometimes an issue since this gun requires an oversized cover garment.

Even the gentle recoil of the PX4 was too much for my wife when we went to the range. Still looking for another alternative.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Links