SW Bodyguard380 take down lever problem

This is a discussion on SW Bodyguard380 take down lever problem within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this has come up once or twice in a thread or two but I found a video of the problem actually happening. Actually, ...

I know this has come up once or twice in a thread or two but I found a video of the problem actually happening. Actually, 2 videos. I have linked to them both below.

Basically, the take down lever wiggles its way out during firing and disables the gun.

I do not own a Boadyguard380. I'm not bashing it. i just stumbled across the videos and thought I would post them for anyone who does own one and who might be wondering if anyone else is having the problem.

Bodyguard 380, BG 380, Take Down Lever problem, S&W Bodyguard 380 - YouTube

S&W Bodyguard 380 Takedown Lever Problem - YouTube
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Hi Mike, thanks for posting it to help others, but those problems were mostly with the early models. I *had* an early EAA serial number BG380 and had a problem with the takedown lever. I sent it in and they replaced my frame with a new one. I ended up having S&W giving me a full refund for my *early* BG380 as I had to send it in 3 times within a year and lost confidence with it for other problems. They gave me a full refund of my purchase price. Also at that time they lowered the price of the BG380. I liked the BG380 so much that I went ahead and purchased another new one but it is a later serial number that has not had any problems. The later serial numbered ones and current have been pretty reliable from my understanding. I hope this helps. God Bless

I had heard that as well VBVGUY but I just wanted to post it incase someone was still having the problem with an early model. You never know.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    My problem has been just the opposite. I find the takedown lever impossible to move in position unless I use a screwdriver to apply a little more pressure.

I think it's because it's still new. I had the same problem with my 24/7 ProC. But, it loosened up nicely after a few cleanings.
    -

Links