New Rock Island "Officer's" model

This is a discussion on New Rock Island "Officer's" model within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks; long time since last post but I have been reading. Just wanted to bragg on my wonderful wife. She gave me a Rock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Rock Island "Officer's" model

Hey folks; long time since last post but I have been reading. Just wanted to bragg on my wonderful wife. She gave me a Rock Island M1911A1 "Officers" .45ACP for Christmas and I love it. Took it to the range last Friday ran 100 rounds through it without the first hic-up. patterns a little low and left at 10yds, but I think that was more the nut behind the trigger than the weapon. I'll post pic's and more range reports as I get more time on the firing line.

They are a great bargin for the money, good quality, reliable. I switched to using 185 gr JHP in mine as it shoot a little low also, this eliminated that problem.

Congrats, hang on to that gal...shes a keeper

VIP Member
    Sounds like a keeper to me, both the gun and the wife.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Your a lucky man!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Low and down left, sounds like little bit of a tough trigger, causing you to pull it somewhat. Had this problem on another .45 I owned. Make sure it's unloaded and try to aim at something and keep on target as you dry-fire it. If it flinches down & to the left, you know what's causing it. Just keep dry-firing and trying to keep it steady.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Man . . . All I got was socks and underwear.
    RoadKill and JerryMac like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Got yourself a keeper! Mrs. BigJon got me a 6 inch stainless GP100. We got some good women! I am very interested in the gun you got, or similar, as I am looking to change the caliber I currently carry. I carry an LC9 90% of the time. I like it, and thinness is a major factor. Have yet to hear something (too) bad about a 1911. Really looking forward to your range report! What are the dimensions, roughly,(?) lest you have some calipers handy. My main concern is how it handles ammunition, recoil, muzzle flip and anything else you feel is pertinent. The brand is a major factor. I have heard nothing but great things from my lgs, quality and customer service alike. As much detail as you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

(Hope you) Enjoy!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

That's great, but where are the pictures?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I EDC the same weapon. great choice. i went to wilson combat mags and it fed even smoother. I am really enjoying mine.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Good handgun.....great wife, enjoy both!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Picked up a very slightly used R.I.A. compact tactical model yesterday. Came with original mag plus 3 Chip McCormick mags and a nice leather holster. $400

Good deal on the wife, would hang on to her, I have 3 1911s one being a RIA, and I have yet to have a problem with it. I am looking myself at getting an officers model, just cause i want one. lol..... My wife bought me a xd40sc, stainless slide, and we , or I, was allowed from the warden to dress it in a UBG holster......will try to post a pic.IMG_0685.jpg
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

If my wife had done that, she would have a better chance of not being an Ex. LOL.

hint: low / left typically means jerking the trigger.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I checked out the RIA Officer's model as well.

Some people might say that the officer's grip is too short for them but the Rock felt really good.

By all accounts they are very reliable for a short 45 and I could see myself owning one if I can't
    afford that Dan Wesson CCO or real deal Officer's Model or even the Agent later this year.

My RI is my favorite gun so far. My GF likes it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links