Don't really need a 9mm but want one. LC9 or Kel Tec P11?

This is a discussion on Don't really need a 9mm but want one. LC9 or Kel Tec P11? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You should consider the Beretta Nano 9mm great little gun..... I got it for my wife for Christmas and I carried it a couple of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Don't really need a 9mm but want one. LC9 or Kel Tec P11?

You should consider the Beretta Nano 9mm great little gun.....
    I got it for my wife for Christmas and I carried it a couple of times it and slide it in my back pocket and the way we went.....
    If i didn't already have a small auto i would buy another.....usually carry my XDSC-9 when i'm not carrying my Sig 226......

Nano-1.jpg
    Last edited by SGTMOE; January 6th, 2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: forgot pic
    Idahokid likes this.

2. Remove Ads

If you are considering the double-stack P11, then you really need to consider the Glock 26. You can shoot that pistol all day long (meaning you can actually train with it) and it will not beat you (or itself) to death.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

You ask for opinions on two or three things you are considering and you get twelve suggestive ideals.
    Got ah love the forum life.

So, since/if, you may not have thoroughly comparative shopped around yet, and fully compared all of your options. The best place IMHO is to start at a gun show. There are tables full of several fore mentioned choices and some that haven’t come up. You can fondle them all till your hearts content to see what feels best in your hand, and place them side-by-side for all your concerned comparisons too. Local Gun Stores are OK but they will never have the sizable selection of a show. And compared to a gun store, you will get it at a much better price at a show too.

I too was once looking at a P11 and when I put it next to a G26, at a show, and they were soooo close in size … need I say more? Yeah it was a little more money for the Glock/G26 but I bought a much better handgun too. The LC9 has way too many safety options for me. And everyone has their druthers on what you should get because they like it. I've read that the Kahrs are hit or miss, some love um and some give um up.

But as the gun buying suggestions go, if you can, try before you buy. So my suggestion is, since your considering the P11, take a look at the G26 and save, if you can, up some more money and get a Glock. Everyone should own at least one Block

Oh and beretta didn’t spell their new named handgun, their nano, with a “no” for nothing

I carry my PF9 daily with nearly 2k rounds through it and not a single issue... Trigger was far superior to the LC9 out of the box and no silly LCI/mag disconnect/safety. The Kahrs are very nice, though I dont own one.

If you are rounding out your collection, I would suggest something a bit more range friendly than the tiny pocket autos. They are still fun to shoot, but 100 rounds or so and my hands are ringing a bit

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    You might hold off till the SIG P938 is available and take a look at one of those. It is looking like it will be a true pocket 9. From the specs I saw at my dealer, it's the same height and thickness as the P238 with a barrel that is 0.3" longer. The longer barrel won't make it harder to conceal.

My wife has a P238 that I've pocket carried more than once when we were going out and she didn't want to pack it during this recent holiday season. Between the Desantis pocket holster and an IWB I could carry it any time.

Other than that, since you don't have a Glock 26, take a look at one of those. Easy to carry, excellent trigger, reliable as gravity, and pleasant to shoot.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

anything but a kel-tec. Kahr cm9 would be my choice. Owned 3 Kel-tecs and learn my lesson

Quote Originally Posted by SGTMOE View Post
    You should consider the Beretta Nano 9mm great little gun.....
    I got it for my wife for Christmas and I carried it a couple of times it and slide it in my back pocket and the way we went.....
    If i didn't already have a small auto i would buy another.....usually carry my XDSC-9 when i'm not carrying my Sig 226......

Nano-1.jpg
    I love my Nano.It's a great little gun.It got mine for 399 at Cabelas.Put 250 flawless rounds threw it so far.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    I guess I just like guns. I really don't need a 9mm but want one to go with my Beretta .40 and my Ruger LCP. Right in the middle. Like papa bear, mama bear and baby bear. I know it is a personal thing but I sure am confused on which 9 to buy. Kahr CM9 is nice also. What do you think?

Just buy a real nice 9mm......................... HKp7....... Good luck........... Troll

Don't need a 9mm but want one

No what we don't need is to eat more Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Nothing like the smell of a new gun and old money

Don't know what you already have but a G26 or a PF9 could be a possibility too, considering what you said you were looking at, the LC9 and P11.

I have four Kel-Tecs in my house, 2 pta3s, a pf9 and a p11 they all work well, but the trigger on the p11 pinches my finger at the top where it comes thru the frame and at the end between it and the trigger gaurd, I would recomend renting one first and running a box of ammo thru it

John
    Philly Boy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Yep, I really wanted a LC9 and the CM9. But this new Bersa looks it could be a winner. Im waiting on the reviews to start coming in on this new gun. It could be my first 9mm.
    Here's my review of the Bersa BP 9cc. I ordered a second one.
    For the price, its a sweet little 9.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I love my CM9 so far.

I wasn't impressed with the LC9 when I held it, and I hated the LCP when I shot it. I don't know how similar they are, but the trigger on the LC9 in dry-fire felt like the LCP, so I would imagine they would be similar. Plus, the LCP is awfully big for a 'pocket' 9. I do love my LCR tho... go figure.

I didn't like the Kahr when I held it. The trigger is 'meh', but I don't like the feel of the seam that runs down the middle of it, feels like it would tear your hand up. My LGS guy said that he gets a lot of complaints, but you can buy two for the price of one 'better' gun, so he sells a lot of them as BUGs.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I picked up a CM9 at my local fun show last month on a impulse buy and it was a great investment, it is a sweet shooter and goes bang everytime.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

IMO the P11 is not "that bad" of a gun..its my primary carry day to day, as I will not have to eat ice cream in bed for days if it disapeared out of my vehicle while in a movie..Minus the trigger-pull mine serves me well..

Just made a deal to trade my P11 since I also have the G26, which is,IMHO, a much better gun--- more money, but a great gun and not much different in overall size than the Kel-Tec:plus, the 26 won't beat up your hand whereas the P11 will, most likely.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links