New Pocket .45 ACP - Page 2

New Pocket .45 ACP

This is a discussion on New Pocket .45 ACP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's a gut gun, nothing more. As long as one buys it with that intent in mind, it should serve its purpose. To argue its ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New Pocket .45 ACP

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's a gut gun, nothing more. As long as one buys it with that intent in mind, it should serve its purpose. To argue its lack of capacity, range, and accuracy is pointless.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Reality check time

While I don't particularly like this gun and would not buy one, some of you guys are over the top. I have owned many derringers over the years in every caliber from .22, .32 mag, 38/357 up to and including a couple of 45 colt/410's from Bond. I never carried one for self defense because I always had better choices. Like a couple of guys have already said, I would rather carry my LCP with 7 rounds of 380 than any 2 shot pistol. That all being said, I have to wonder if any of you have ever shot a derringer in anything larger than a .22. I have shot lots of full on 357's and factory 45 colts through derringers. The 357 was the worst of them but still manageable. The 45 colts at around 800-1000 feet per second were downright enjoyable. I can't think of any 45 ACP load, other than possibly Cor-bond, that would bother me to shoot it in a gun of this size. I am 5' 6'' tall and weigh 170 pounds so I am not exactly what you would call big.

I think I'll stick with my J Frame 642. That might make a decent BUG to the BUG to the Primary, but I don't see the point.

Ugly as sin, but I would imagine it would serve a purpose for some people.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

No thanks
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

It's not something that I feel I have a need for, but I like the idea. Like others have said, it is a gut gun or last ditch weapon. It is flatter than a revolver, and has more knockdown power than a .380 of similar size. Sure, you only have two rounds at your disposal.. but as a gut gun.. you probably wont need more than that to get someone off you. Also, it doesn't have a slide or cylinder to jam if used up close or through a jacket. I could see someone carrying one of these in the same caliber as their primary carry weapon as a last ditch bug. Besides, Anytime a new manufacturer comes out with a new handgun it's good news for us on the consumer end. Choices are king!
    Haystacker likes this.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

MSRP

$499 non-ported or $569 ported alum. and $729 non-ported or $799 ported Titanium

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I wonder why we haven't seen a demo on YouTube yet? I'm not even sure if it fires both rounds with a single pull, but the double tap name could imply that.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cmycek View Post
    I wonder why we haven't seen a demo on YouTube yet? I'm not even sure if it fires both rounds with a single pull, but the double tap name could imply that.
    Think I read somewhere it fires normally, first and then if you pull the trigger again, a second shot.

Deleted

Deleted - double post

Administrator
    Call me crazy but, I like it.
    I'd like to own one.

"COP" Derringer

You can find "Cop Derringer", four .357 magnums - expensive.

Looks size of compact semi-auto.

Shooting the COP 357 four barrel derringer - YouTube

And another just shows the gun well, no firing:

Cop 357 Four Barrel Derringer - YouTube

Think they were made in 80s, not sure.
    RockStrongo likes this.

They claim it's the smallest... but my AMT Backup 45 is no bigger (looking from the side). The AMT is heavier, but it's also 5+1. I'll stick with the AMT.

Well made over priced. For the man that has everything and still has cash left over. Real world not much sense to it.
    walleye likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well made over priced. For the man that has everything and still has cash left over. Real world not much sense to it.
    Think you nailed it perfectly.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    It could use a few mods. Fill one chamber with compressed Propane, and the other with Napalm. Pocket flame thrower. Yay!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links