S&W Single stack M&P 9mm Shot Show 2012

This is a discussion on S&W Single stack M&P 9mm Shot Show 2012 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have heard a couple rumors that S&W may be releasing a new single stack M&P in 9mm. Has anyone else heard about this? If ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: S&W Single stack M&P 9mm Shot Show 2012

VIP Member

Smile S&W Single stack M&P 9mm Shot Show 2012

I have heard a couple rumors that S&W may be releasing a new single stack M&P in 9mm. Has anyone else heard about this? If they did it I would be the first one to line up with cash in hand. I am hoping that this is not just talk as this would sell like hot cakes. I bet even the Glock fan boys would consider it as Glock has been slow to step up to the plate with a for sure home run.
    ironmike86 and crue2009 like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Heard this rumor last year
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Moderator
    I'd be kind of surprised, since this would be competing with S&W / Walther's PPS. It would be interesting, though....
    RockStrongo likes this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I think it would be a cool addition to the M&P line-up.

I've been putting off getting a single stack pocket 9mm, so might as well wait and see what else comes out along those lines.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

M&P is a nice firearm, but as mentioned they do have Walther. Although with another offering its just more potential sales. I really enjoyed my M&P when I owned it. My PPS is a great carry and range gun. So far I am nothing but pleased with S&W. Let hope for the best in a few weeks.

Don't expect anything to good. Just setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Aim low and be surprised. Would hate to expect a 9mm to only find out they are releasing a .22 caliber Governor.
    ironmike86 likes this.

If they want to separate it from the PPS, they can start by using a standard magazine release.

VIP Member
    I honestly believe they could give a crap about the PPS. There are far more M&P's sold and this would be a natural bug progression for all of the LEO's that are currently carrying M&P's on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I honestly believe they could give a crap about the PPS. There are far more M&P's sold and this would be a natural bug progression for all of the LEO's that are currently carrying M&P's on duty.
    Uh...no. If I'm on duty, I could care less about concealment. I would want a BUG that uses the same mags as my primary. That's what I do with my Glock 19 and 26.

A single stack pistol makes sense for concealed IWB carry - for OWB carry, especially on duty in uniform, there is no reason to compromise on capacity.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Uh...no. If I'm on duty, I could care less about concealment. I would want a BUG that uses the same mags as my primary. That's what I do with my Glock 19 and 26.

A single stack pistol makes sense for concealed IWB carry - for OWB carry, especially on duty in uniform, there is no reason to compromise on capacity.
    You say yes, I say no.
    You say stop and I say go go go, oh no.
    You say goodbye and I say hello

I can't remember the last time I saw a LEO with two guns on his belt other then his standard issue taser and firearm. You must have a huge waist line to have three guns and all the other gear LEO's have to carry on their duty belt. Just saying.....

Uniform pants usually have pockets especially made to accomodate a BUG. Mine are large enough to carry my G26. We are issued pants made by 5.11.

Not trying to be difficult - just pointing out that the market for a single stack pistol is not really for LE duty use, even as a BUG. The single-stack market is really driven by CCW.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I NEVER buy first run anything, but I would make an exception for a single stack M&P.
    smolck, Philly Boy and Spec like this.

Why not. Pocket-able Mini-9's are all the rage. And if it's dependable all the better! S&W M&P's are reliable so I'd give it a look. Their reasonably priced too. If they keep its design the same as their M&P line only inline with the size of say a PF9 or CM9, can handle +P ammo, offer it without the safeties, and with a slide stop. So bring it on S&W!! Yeah ... an M&P/PF9 clone, now that's the bee's knees!!
    Copperjacket and Buckj like this.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

I think C Hawk Glock was suggesting that officers who carry the Full Size M&P could easily maintain the same grip and functionality with the single stack.
    If they wanted to "share mags" like you said, they could just get the the M&P Compact which is out already, and does except their full size counterparts mags.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I have heard a couple rumors that S&W may be releasing a new single stack M&P in 9mm. Has anyone else heard about this? If they did it I would be the first one to line up with cash in hand. I am hoping that this is not just talk as this would sell like hot cakes. I bet even the Glock fan boys would consider it as Glock has been slow to step up to the plate with a for sure home run.
    So the Gen4 Glock didn't teach you anything about being an early-adopter?

When do we find out if this is true?
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links