kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

This is a discussion on kel tec pf9 vs glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my PF9 for about a year now and the bang switch has never failed. It is in my back pocket as I type ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

I've had my PF9 for about a year now and the bang switch has never failed. It is in my back pocket as I type now. Glock makes a good gun too, but I prefer the size of my PF9 for everyday carry. The lower price increased my interest somewhat.
    glock42, Mattmann and Richard58 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Glock is a workhorse and a range gun as well as for carry. The PF-9 is strictly for carry, so if you want a range king get something else.

I now have three PF-9's (finally found one with Hard Chrome Slide), and I'll be darned if all three don't work just like they are supposed to. I don't newbie limp wrist the PF-9 and it spits lead down range. I feed them all a steady diet of 115 gr JHP's because I know they like them, and they reward me with flawless performance. Kicks like a donkey having a bad day, but is as accurate as any 12 oz 9mm needs to be. Since PF-9's are very reasonably priced, they attract a lot of new shooters trying cut corners on their weapons budget, and I've heard of way too many slamming the PF-9 as junk. They are NOT for inexperienced shooters.

I don't carry a PF-9 because its low priced. I carry them because they are very small and light, and can easily be carried as a bug to my Glock 19 in a front pants pocket all day long with no issues. They fact they are reliable and accurate is obviously a must. Without the reliability and accuracy, you just have a low priced Taurus.
    Mattmann, Brass63 and Richard58 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    They cannot even be compared. The Glock is in the Major League. The Kel Tec is a farm team.

Basically.

Only thing better than a glock is an m&p

But glock is a close second
    *swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    Mattmann and Richard58 like this.
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Those two guns are designed for two different purposes like some others have said.

Both should be reliable if you know how to run a gun properly.

Since you mentioned the cost of both, is cost a big factor for you? Do you have other guns or is this likely to be one of only a few or simply a single gun you plan on owning?

Like others have said, the KelTec isn't fun for a whole day at the range. The Glock would win hands down in that catagory. For concealability, the KelTec will stomp the snot out of the brick I mean Glock.

Honestly, you have to define what the gun's primary purpose is going to be before anyone can give you an honest answer to the real question.

You said you had a Keltec, then you said you could get one for X dollars, I didn't quite understand that part either.
    oneshot likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I won't get into the Glock V Pf9 part of the discussion as it is already established these are two different guns for different uses. I too have the Pf9 and have run 500 rounds thru without any problems. It is a comfortable gun to wear and conceals great. It is a gun for self defense and is acurate out at a distance of 10-15 feet no worries. I was shooting cans and following up with 2nd and 3rd hits sending the cans off on a ride out of my shooting lane. No problems with acuracy. It breaks down easy and is easy to clean. I have a S&W 5903 9mm and S&W 686 357 but they were not as comfortable as the Pf9 to carry. I didn't have alot of money to spend so the Pf9 has turned out to be the right carry gun for me. It does have a good kick folks at the range thought i was shooting a 45. I enjoyed shooting it. I enjoy shooting any gun for that matter..Its a little mule and can no doubt send most BG's runnin off like the cowards they are. Best way to see if its a gun for you is go rent one and shoot it and shoot the Glock..Buy the Pf9 to tide you over till you can afford a Glock. Better to be armed than not. So don't wait to carry something.

i have had no problems with my pf9 i have been accurate out to 60 yards reliability great recoil sucky but the reason i wanted to know is because my dad is wanting a g 26 thanks for all the advice

Like comparing tree ripened Macintosh apples/Glock ... to red grapes/Kel-Tec. Their both red, their both a 9mm, but they are not both the same.

Nothing wrong with having a PF9 but it an't no G26. If I had to chose between the two? G26

I have a G26 and I'm contemplating a PF9 for my Elsiepea/G26 go between.

Quote Originally Posted by glock42 View Post
    i have had no problems with my pf9 i have been accurate out to 60 yards reliability great recoil sucky but the reason i wanted to know is because my dad is wanting a g 26 thanks for all the advice
    So you don't intend to get rid of your PF9, you're simply asking if the G26 is a good gun and whether or not your dad should get it or a PF9. I don't think anyone will argue that the 26 isn't a decent gun. Even me, and I don't particularly like Glocks, but that doesn't mean they aren't good guns.

Again, it is going to depend on its intended purpose.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Those that had a KT that gave them problem and did not try to get it fixed my not want a glock ether with the problems in the gen 4 series. You might get the one . Some also may not relies that with KT's are short line of firearms that they have they are the 3rd largest producer last year in fireams in the USA. They sold make firearms than ruger did. When production is that high you will get some turds. They do have a great CS department. To bad some don't use it and instead trade or sell a pistol that should have been fixed. Both glock and KT pistol will work fine even if they have to go back soon after buying them. Bioth companies will fix any issue wrong with the pistol but it does seem some owners just can't make ultra light pistol work . With the thickness and weight difference of a pf-9 and a g26 they are simple guns to be carried differently. The glocks are not good pocket pistols and the pf-9 works better there. The pf-9 is also light enought to carry in shorts but lacks the higher capacity of the glock. Just different pistol for different needs. I hated my little glock but I still have a g17 and enjoy shooting it and works great as a trail pistol for me.

*shrug*

My pf9 has nearly 1500 rounds through without a single failure and one of the best DAO triggers I have ever shot from a semi. Its been my EDC for the past 6 months or so and carries like a dream. With a CT laser I can get accurate hits from concealment nearly as well as its bigger brothers.

People like to bash the cheaper brands, but my PF9 runs just as well as my STI 1911 (no failures with either). Shoot both and then decide. The Glock is simply too thick for my tastes and I am not a fan of the trigger (bought a gen 4 G23 that was nothing but problems).
    Richard58 and glock42 like this.

+1 on the pf9. Its a great gun and I don't like glock. Its a perfectly designed cheap firearm and for its purpose is awesome. Most people with bad stories about them are arm chair commandos with zero experience just stories .......
    zonker1986 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I am not real Glock fan. I only own one glock - a G26. It is like comparing axes and swords; Both will kill you. My G26 shoots far more accurately and comfortablely than my no-longer-owned Kel-Tec. Honestly I loved the feel of the Kel-Tec but after a few hundred rounds with the Glock there was no looking back. I think with an hour or so of shooting the G26, you will easily find a significant difference. Especially with accuracy and confidence.

BTW, Kel-Tec arms, is/are, as oneshot pointed out: inexpensive pistols, that come with a lifetime warranty

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I had a g26 but after I had a M&P compact in my hand the glock was gone and I was m&p then. M&P has a way better grip feel then the glock and feels thinner in the hand I guess due to the curves in the grip.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by glock42 View Post
    i have a kel tec pf9 that serves as a edc carry and sometimes backup gun but is it better than a glock 26 for 450-550$ is a glock 26 i think let me know if have found one cheaper but a kel tec is 225-334$ once again let me know if you have one cheaper
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    +1 on the pf9. Its a great gun and I don't like glock. Its a perfectly designed cheap firearm and for its purpose is awesome. Most people with bad stories about them are arm chair commandos with zero experience just stories .......
    LMAO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links