kel tec pf9 vs glock 26 - Page 3

kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

This is a discussion on kel tec pf9 vs glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carried both, the KelTec is reliable (if you know how to shoot it) and is simply the easiest to conceal. Got rid of the block. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

Carried both, the KelTec is reliable (if you know how to shoot it) and is simply the easiest to conceal. Got rid of the block. My PF9 keeps my DB9 and Kimber company.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
    yooperdug likes this.

First post (other than ripping on Lions fans....)
    Im new to the hangun thing within the past year. Ive studied,shot,studied more and shot more. My first purchase was a Ruger P95,which is as dependable as they come(my opinion,of course)- my second purchase was a Keltec Pf9,mostly because the doctor said I was going to need a hip replacement if I wanted to continue to carry the Ruger around.
    Okay,fast forward now to the range.I took on a second job lately which had required me to shoot and qualify with a glock 17. I shot well (Ive always been a better than average shot with no matter what),and actually had a great time with the Glock. Then I would take out my little PF9 and shoot just as good. I guess what Im trying to say is,that in my not too advanced stage of hangunning I find the good in anything.
    I also can very much appreciate a finely tooled gun! But I also have a budget and cant spend a ton on guns.

One other thing--at the range training aforementioned,everyone with the exception of myself hadf limp wristing issues. I just chalked it up to a bunch of pitiful Lions fans (what else could it be!?)
    I guess the point Im trying to make is the gun is as good as the user,no matter what it is.
    Now most importantly.Go Pack!!!!

Apples to oranges,but G26.I have both.
    ironmike86 likes this.

How many US police departments authorize their officers to carry Kel-tec or Kahr pistols, for back-up or otherwise? Hey, just asking?

Glock pistols are made for combat.......not so sure about Kel-tec or Kahr pistols.
    GlockZombie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    How many US police departments authorize their officers to carry Kel-tec or Kahr pistols, for back-up or otherwise? Hey, just asking?

Glock pistols are made for combat.......not so sure about Kel-tec or Kahr pistols.
    Does your local department even care what the officer carries for backup? Ours doesn't, they carry what they want.

I guess if you're going to base it on what the local department does, then how bad it tears your hand up after 100 or 200 rds should not be an issue cause some officers don't shoot that many rounds a year with their duty weapon.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    NY police dept used kahrs as an optional backup. They just cancelled that as the trigger where to light at 6lbs and some dumbies where shooting people thet did not entend on shooting. Thats after those stupid glock 8 and 10lb NY triggers and sorry training. If I am going to combat I would carry a full size pistol, Glock?? Maybe maybe a M&P or XD or sig or,,,, Not a baby glock. And this is about a defence, CC pistol. And we all know glock works to get leo contracts with special deals. Almost forgot , the sheriffs dept down the mountain from me allows there officers to carry a third pistol ,most of them have a KT 380 in a pocket.

apples to oranges. i feed my PF9 with Speer GD 115 gr HPs and always worked great plus KT is my neighbor and got excellent service so far
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

I consider the PF9 to be a fine little gun. Carries nicely, shoots accurately and reliably, and doesn't cost much. No experience with the Glock, so can't compare the two.

The kick is definitely there on the PF9, but once you get used to it, I hardly notice unless I shoot more than 50 rounds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

i have owned 2 keltecs, a pf9 and a pt380. both sucked, pf9 was worse. I wanted to like the gun, but it just didn't work. couldn't go through one full magazine without some kind of failure. traded it for the pt380, which did work but was still crap. I then got rid of it and got a smith 642 and been happy ever since. I got a smith bg380 not long ago and it has proven itself to be a great little gun, very accurate. Oh and for the kahr lovers, I had one of those too. the gun shot well but I had to keep mine very clean and would start having problems after 50 rounds or so without cleaning. It was the CW40 model. that being said I would buy another kahr if a deal presented itself for a good price.

just to add to it, my buddy just got rid of his pf9 after sending back to keltec under warrenty and still having issues with his. If you got one that works great for you, like I said I want to like the gun. I just have never seen one in person that worked. mine did alittle better with fmj ammo vs JHP

Kel-tec PF9 width .88"
    Glock G26 width 1.18"
    Glock is hardly obese by comparison.
    Gen4 with removable backstaps and slightly large mag release mags a difference.
    Far more accurate and reliable in the long run. (There is that opinion thing again!)
    That's all the op is getting from this thread. They need to try before buy if possible.

I carry a G26 in Remora with a Wilderness 5 stitch belt.
    Clint Smith said "Carrying a gun should not be comfortable...carrying a gun should be comforting".
    This is a very comfortable set-up.

It is all about your personal tastes and setup.
    Try the Kel-tec. If you like it. Great. If not get something else.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Regardless if your a Glock fan or not, almost everyone will agree that Glocks are generally thought to be one of the most respected, reliable and carried combat and carry handguns in the world. The same cannot be said for Kel Tec. Kel Tec products are on the lower end of the scale in price for good reasons, and its not that KT does not like making a profit. They sell handguns at the lower price point range and that's OK since there is a real market for lower priced guns even if they are sometimes not the highest quality.
    Last edited by pirate; January 12th, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    NY police dept used kahrs as an optional backup. They just cancelled that as the trigger where to light at 6lbs and some dumbies where shooting people thet did not entend on shooting.
    That is certain not the fault of Kahr handguns. If the NYPD trained their LEO's properly they would not need dummy proof triggers. Its scary to me that people who carry and use handguns daily as a tool for their work are so ill prepared and trained to use these weapons safely and effectively, and then when negligent incidents occur they want to blame the gun. Sound familiar?
    VBVAGUY and ironmike86 like this.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Regardless if your a Glock fan or not, almost everyone will agree that Glocks are generally thought to be one of the most respected, reliable and carried combat and carry handguns in the world. The same cannot be said for Kel Tec. Kel Tec products are on the lower end of the scale in price for good reasons, and its not that KT does not like making a profit. They sell handguns at the lower price point range and that's OK since there is a real market for lower priced guns even if they are sometimes not the highest quality.
    But does that make the Glock a better pistol because they charge for the name? For the average shooter and person that carry's concealed I'd guess that either would do. I have owned both , and liked the PF9 better neither failed to go bang. To me it is definatley apples to apples. Both a designed as small, concealed carry firearms. Neither the Glock 26 or the PF9 is designed for extended range shooting. thought he 26 would in my opinion be better at it only for the fact it is bigger and easier to hold on to.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    i own a 27 (40) and a PF9 = glock wins hands down every time in all areas except width
    Keltec is just not even in the same league quality wise and I would not call it as reliable - you can just look inside and see
    keltec took short cuts everywhere - hence the 250 VS 500 dollar price.......I CCW both on occasion and shoot em both
    and I like them both but the PF9 is no longer in my CCW rotation,its jammed too many times and had too many replacment parts
    sent no charge from the MFG to keep it operational ..........the glock is a tank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links