kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

This is a discussion on kel tec pf9 vs glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a kel tec pf9 that serves as a edc carry and sometimes backup gun but is it better than a glock 26 for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

kel tec pf9 vs glock 26

i have a kel tec pf9 that serves as a edc carry and sometimes backup gun but is it better than a glock 26 for 450-550$ is a glock 26 i think let me know if have found one cheaper but a kel tec is 225-334$ once again let me know if you have one cheaper
    Richard58 likes this.

VIP Member
    No, except for price, the PF9 has nothing on a Glock.
    JerryMac likes this.

I am in no way a fan of Glock. But just about any firearm is better than a Kel Tec.
    JerryMac and ktulu92fs like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

They cannot even be compared. The Glock is in the Major League. The Kel Tec is a farm team.
    JerryMac and glockfan23 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I do not post much, but this one I have to. I have both pistols and all I can say is stay away from the pf-9. I have had problems since day day with FTF problems. g26 no problems, no break in period. You really can not compare the two. Just for the record the g26 is not my EDC gun, but would be my second choice. The pf9 would be my last choice. I have owned 3 kel-tecs and have learned my lesson. When it did fire the recoil also sucked, compared to the glock. Answer = NO
    JerryMac and glockfan23 like this.

There is no comparison between a PF9 and a Glock 26. The PF9 is an inexpensive weapon made to sell for a low price. The Glock 26 is simply a small sized service weapon designed to function with a minimum of care for extended periods of time.

Although the PF9 is small, light and easy to conceal and carry, it will never be in the same class of weapon as a Glock. Save your pennies and get one. Price be damned! It's a lifetime investment.
    JerryMac likes this.
    Question Everything!

I agree that the glock is a much better firearm. But, I have never had any problems with the kel tec's.
    JerryMac, glock42 and Richard58 like this.
    NRA Life Member

Glock all the way

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Neither. Kahr every day of the week.

Sent using Tapatalk, thanks for supporting it on this site.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I carried a pf-9 for 2 1/2 years. Fired right at 2000 rounds threw it with NO problems at anything. Now the glock should do the same and I have a g17 and had a g27, I sold that little brick. They are not meant to be in the same class BUT it does it job better than so many other smaller handguns and does it with a 9mm cartidge . If you had a problem and did not take the time to find if it was you or the gun and then you did not try to fix the problem it your fault. Its a dam good thing you did not spend 1000 dollars on a pistol that has HP feeding issues. To many gun snobs. I bought a cw9 kahr off a guy that said it also was a undependable junk. I cleaned it up ,lubed it and fired 600 rounds threw it and then bough cm9 too. If you can afford a glock or better a XD or M&P as they fit most hands better buy one. If you can only afford a 250 dollar pistol or want a truely light and thin 9mm ,,,,,
    JerryMac likes this.

kahr +1

I just sold a PF9. I would never recommend it to anyone. It was likely the worst handgun I've owned. After less than 300 rounds it was eating itself. It showed poor timing, poor tempering, and a failure to extract from time to time.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

VIP Member
    Kel-Tecs are NOT range guns. You will HATE ther trigger.
    I.E.: shot frequently at range sessions or in competitions and such.
    What they are, are inexpensive pistols, that come with a lifetime warranty, that are to be shot, to make sure they are dependable{250+} rounds, with mostly FMJ's, and perhaps 25-50 rounds of HP's with no hiccup's to be sure they will go bang when your life is on the line.
    My P-11 does just that.
    I have other pistols for other things, but it goes with me to work and home.That is all I ask of it.
    If you will only be buying one pistol, and need it for CC, do your homework, and go with something like S&W/Glock or Kahr if you need small&thin. Ruger could also work, with the SR9c.

Good luck in your quest.
    JerryMac likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I, like cloudjockey, don't post often either but, I own a Pf-9 that I love. I'm not saying it's better than the glock, it really is more like comparing apples to oranges. I wouldn't be off put by all the kel tec haters either, many other "reputable" manufacturers have issues with firearms twice the price. Mine has been flawless out the box no matter what ammo I have used.
    Richard58 and Idahokid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog1108 View Post
    I, like cloudjockey, don't post often either but, I own a Pf-9 that I love. I'm not saying it's better than the glock, it really is more like comparing apples to oranges. I wouldn't be off put by all the kel tec haters either, many other "reputable" manufacturers have issues with firearms twice the price. Mine has been flawless out the box no matter what ammo I have used.
    I would agree with you, I have had both a Kel-tec PF9 and a Glock 26. Would you care to guess which one is still with me. It isn't the Glock 26 that got traded for a Glock 36. And that is because I have never had any trouble with my PF9. Light , accurate, and dependable. It conceals very nice , better than the fat Glock.

Not saying the Glock is a bad gun, but neither is the PF9. I have read about many problems with all kinds of firearm manufacturers, just because one costs more doesn't mean it is immune to having some sort of problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links