New Sig P224 model! - Page 2

New Sig P224 model!

This is a discussion on New Sig P224 model! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can you say sticker shock? O.K. I've pushed my eyeballs back in my head and wiped away the tears. I do like it. Very handsome ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Sig P224 model!

Can you say sticker shock? O.K. I've pushed my eyeballs back in my head and wiped away the tears. I do like it. Very handsome piece. I might even take a look at one.
    Question Everything!

Very close to the same size as Ruger SR40c, although slightly heavier. Overall I really like the dimensions. The price is crazy though, they are pricing it assuming demand is going to be really high, no way that gun (even a Sig) should cost the same as, or more than, its bigger brother.

Still would be a nice fit in my collection I think.

I'm in.

I'm a huge Sig fan as my handle suggests, but the MSRP of this gun is ridiculous. I fear Sig has lost its way, i.e. P250, P290 and now this.
    357and40 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Does anyone here actually pay MSRP for a gun?

VIP Member
    If you want a gun in those dimensions and half the cost go with the CZ RAMI. It will accept the full size CZ 75 magazines if you want additional round count.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    No, but even a couple hundred less still seems kinda high to me for a compact.

Too expensive and too tiny for my tastes.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    How much?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    This really comes down to the area the LGS is in. For example the polymers will sell everywhere, but lower income area's just don't have as many people willing to fork over 1k for a gun. As I wrote this, I looked up the median household income in Orlando as compared to my city in WA. We have double the median income. Sigs, 1911's, and other higher cost firearms sell all day long here.
    you hit it right on the head, my friend. My local GS owner said that SIGs do well up north and in more affluent areas as
    money is not near the object it is in Mouseville where husband and wife are working two minimum wage jobs just to make ends meet. I could afford a SIG, but could never justify an $1,100 subcompact pistol when my Glocks and M&P's do the job just as well for 40% of the cost of a new SIG. I drive a Toyota, shop at Walmart, and have a very modest home. Owning a SIG would make me think I actually had money.

Climate also has a lot to do with SIGs not selling in Orlando. When its 95 degrees every day for six months out of the year, gun owners want small and light.....and that does not describe many in the SIG lineup. Glock 19, G26 are about as large as I can go in the dead of the summer blast furnace.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

not worth the price tag imo. Sig hasnt made a better smaller gun than the P239
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

.XX
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbackpacker View Post
    Then I did some other searches online and found:
    New Sig P224's - Topic

"The 224 will now allow Sig to submit the 229/224 when agencies request magazine compatibility. "
    If the P224 accepts P229 magazines, that makes sense for Sig & Federal agencies and for me too, as p229 owner, the new P224 is the perfect gift for my wife!
    Shoots your collector guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Hey, theres already too many of us here that are paying $1/round for .223 And $59 for pmags

Yeah, it's an old thread, but I took a look recently since I thought it would be nice to have a BUG that takes 226 mags. Nice pistol, but big for a BUG, and even at LEO/Mil pricing it's steep (just shy of $800 with nightsights). For $100 more, I could pick up their TACOPS 1911 with 4 mags. Not that those two pistols have much more to do with each other besides their manufacturer, but I want the latter one more!

Even if you're dying to buy one...I'd wait a year to get the 'kinks' out...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links