New Sig P224 model!

New Sig P224 model!

This is a discussion on New Sig P224 model! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very interesting! A little pricey for a sub-compact version of the P229 though. Here's the links for everyone on Sig's website: P224 SAS P224 Nickel ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Sig P224 model!

New Sig P224 model!

Very interesting! A little pricey for a sub-compact version of the P229 though. Here's the links for everyone on Sig's website:

P224 SAS
    P224 Nickel
    P224 Extreme

I'm sort of digging the Nickel model myself.

Look like they might be worth a look,but the price is gonna need to drop a bunch below MSRP
    357and40 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I need one. I shall have one, once they come out with the SA/DA version.

GM
    Interesting firearm, but considering its dimensions I would not call it sub-compact.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

MSRP $1,100.00

had a talk with my local gun store Saturday. He's thinking of dropping SIGs from his inventory. He said there are just too many good guns out right now for half the price of a SIG, and he's tired of having them sit on his shelf for months.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Its nice but real world will probably be about 800 for the first year or so. Then prob 6-700.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I couldn't figure out what this gun was about. A dual stack sub compact that's 1.3 inches thick? What's the point?

Then I did some other searches online and found:
    New Sig P224's - Topic

"Sig has relied heavily on contracts for Federal LE agencies. Since winning the massive DHS contract in 2003, Sig has lost several Fed contracts. One of the reasons is that the big Federal agencies are now asking for a family of weapons that feature magazine compatibility like Glocks and M&P's. The 224 will now allow Sig to submit the 229/224 when agencies request magazine compatibility. "

I guess that makes sense, for Sig at least but not for me. If I want a fat gun I'll use my P226 or I'll buy a P229. If I want a slimmer Sig I'll get a P239. If I want a gun that weighs like something "sub compact" I'll buy another gun like a Kahr PM9 or P9 or something like that, or maybe a Glock if I could force myself to go Toyota (just kidding!). This looks to me to be a case of "checking the requirement box" although I will freely admit I know nothing about the importance of magazine compatibility for law enforcement.

AZG; thanks for the links and heads up...

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

I love Sigs, but the $1k+ price tag is a major turn off for what the weapon is. I love my M&Pc for EDC and this fills the same dynamic for double the price.

I would love to see one up close but I would be hard pressed to pay that much. I am not saying it is not worth the $$, just that it is not worth the $$ to me...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

They might sell for MSRP when they first come out but after they get to market they will probably sell on the street for around the same as a full size P229. $750-$850 depending on options.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dimensions wise, it appears to fall somewhere between a G19 and a G26 (somewhat close to the G29/G30). Even if I got one sometime down the road, I won't be getting rid of my single stack P239 no matter what. As to IWB carry, I suspect it will be similar to the feel of carrying a G29/G30 (thickness and grip height wise), but with a little more weight to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nwbackpacker View Post
    I couldn't figure out what this gun was about. A dual stack sub compact that's 1.3 inches thick? What's the point?....

Glock's G26 is subcompact and is just about as thick at about 1.2inches. Just saying. God Bless

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    MSRP $1,100.00

had a talk with my local gun store Saturday. He's thinking of dropping SIGs from his inventory. He said there are just too many good guns out right now for half the price of a SIG, and he's tired of having them sit on his shelf for months.
    This really comes down to the area the LGS is in. For example the polymers will sell everywhere, but lower income area's just don't have as many people willing to fork over 1k for a gun. As I wrote this, I looked up the median household income in Orlando as compared to my city in WA. We have double the median income. Sigs, 1911's, and other higher cost firearms sell all day long here.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Glock's G26 is subcompact and is just about as thick at about 1.2inches. Just saying. God Bless
    I was gonna say that it's roughly the same dimensions as an M&P9c. same overall height, barrel length, width, and weight. Fewer round count than the M&Pc, but think this is the field of competition that they're getting into.

This is the gun I've been looking for!

I carry concealed a 229 now daily. But recently the grip have been getting more and more obvious (to me). I've looked at the 239's but still want something that basically a full size firearm. Cutting .9 inches off the grip i think will do it for me.

But hey maybe im the only one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links