New Walther .380, Failure

This is a discussion on New Walther .380, Failure within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My father and I went to the range the other day with his new Walther. While he was shooting a live round cycled and ended ...

Thread: New Walther .380, Failure

New Walther .380, Failure

My father and I went to the range the other day with his new Walther. While he was shooting a live round cycled and ended up sticking out of the ejector port facing straight up. I have never seen this before. He has had a few problems with FTE but this is the first time either of us had seen this. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Remove Ads

What you described sounds like a "stove pipe" jam. Did you only try one type of ammo, or was it happening with multiple brands? Did it only do it once? Do a search "walther stove pipe" and you should find a fair amount of info..

I have seen a stove pipe with a fired casing but never a live round.

OK, just searched the problem online and I guess its more common than i thought. Will have him try different types of ammo and see if that helps.

Administrator
    You'll get better help if you mention what model of Walther firearm you're shooting and what brand of ammo you are feeding it.
    Also Walther pistols typically run best using Walther factory magazines.
    Aftermarket non Walther magazines are famous for causing function related malfunctions in Walther .380 handguns.

It is a pk380. He has had some issues with FTE just not like this. It has happened with both winchester whitebox and remington. Sorry I dont know the grain. Is this a problem with the pk380. Im a glock guy and dont know much about Walther.

Administrator
    Try gripping it tighter with a locked wrist. Make sure that you're not limp wristing it.

It's a self-defense gun, so grip it exactly the way you would grip it if the bad guy was running at you full speed - and ready to cave your head in with a baseball bat.

Because that's the way you'll be gripping it if you ever really need to use it to save your life.

See if that cures your stovepipe issue.

mj check out the Walther Forum they have one section dedicated to the PK380.

Links