Range Report-Kahr pm9 vs. Glock 26

This is a discussion on Range Report-Kahr pm9 vs. Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like the size of the G19 for accuracy, but most of the time I carry the G26 for concealment. Not much difference in recoil. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range Report-Kahr pm9 vs. Glock 26

I like the size of the G19 for accuracy, but most of the time I carry the G26 for concealment. Not much difference in recoil. I don't really miss the extra grip lenght that the 19 has over the 26. I have a Pearce grip extention for the 26, but for concealment I don't usually have the mag with the extension on it in the pistol.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

2. Remove Ads

Here's a nice review of the P9 and G26 side by side:
    http://www.a-human-right.com/p9vsg26.html

They both sound like great guns. Personally, I'd probably go with the Glock. I just wish they'd make a narrower version of the G26 or G19.

Me too but I'm not going to hold my breath. I just wish Sig would make a pocket sized 9mm or maybe a 380. But smaller than the 232 and looks similar to a 239. About the same size as a Kahr MK9. That would be perfect. I'd have no need to buy any handgun other than a Sig and I would be oh so happy.

If Sig makes a 9 that size I will own it

J.S.

JD
    Administrator
    While on the subject of Kahr / Glock, the only thing I didn't like about the Kahr was the total absense of a manual safety, even the Glock can be modified with a Cominolli safety, alas Joe Cominolli doesn't plan on making one for the Kahr. I agree that if another manufacturer made a similarly sized pistol to the Kahr I would buy it, but the absence of a manual safety (especially for pocket carry) scared the hell out of me.

The absence of a manual safety doesn't bother me. I would just as soon carry DAO as cocked and locked. The problem I had with the Kahr it is completely overpriced for its quality. After field stripping a Glock 26 and PM9 side by side I saw a big difference especially after 500 rounds. The Kahr was showing significant wear, the Glock still looks brand new.

J.S.

JD
    Administrator
    Too true, the Glock is one tough little pistol. Even though I don't own one, there's no denying that they can take a beating.

Not having a safety on a pocket gun doesn't bother me as long as it's in a pocket holster that covers the trigger.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have both a P9, and G26. I carry the P9 more as it is flatter and lighter. I have not found a difference in accuracy. I admit that my purpose is to hit in the center of mass, or at some range make a "credit card" head shot.

I do not shoot much with any concealed carry gun at 25 yards. I do not consider it important what the 25 yard precise accuracy is. I realize we can all conjure up a scenario where we would have to shoot at that range, but do not consider it real world for a CHL holder considering the laws of self-defense.

I do enough practice at 25 yds to know my guns, but 10, 15, and maybe 20 yards is more realistic for the long range shooting.

I would not want to get rid of either, and there is nothing more reliable than a Glock, but the P9 is more comfortable to carry, although not much. I carry it in a Sparks ExC or Brommeland Def-Con.

I sometimes carry a SA LW Compact, and admit that I do not notice the weight in either my Sparks ExC or I-Bak.

Best,
    Jerry

Not having a safety on a pocket gun doesn't bother me as long as it's in a pocket holster that covers the trigger.
    Ditto. Do it all the time with a Glock 26.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links