Range Report-Kahr pm9 vs. Glock 26

This is a discussion on Range Report-Kahr pm9 vs. Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After putting the Kahr pm9 and Glock 26 through their break-in periods I have noticed more consistent group patterns with the Glock 26. Today I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After putting the Kahr pm9 and Glock 26 through their break-in periods I have noticed more consistent group patterns with the Glock 26. Today I had 3 experienced shooters with 4 different brands of ammunition shoot 7 round groups with each gun. To sum it up the Glock shot a much more consistent group with all ammo. Not 1 shooter shot a better group with the Kahr.

The Glock has .46 longer Barrel, would that make the difference? Trigger pull? or gun accuracy?

J.S.

The Glock has .46 longer Barrel, would that make the difference? Trigger pull? or gun accuracy?
    I'd say it's a combo of all the above. Glock's are well made!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I was trying to help my Fiance find a good carry gun and she shot a pm9 and a Glock 26 with the exact same results. All over the paper with the pm9, but like 4 to 5" groups with the Glock 26. This was her first time ever shooting.
    "I'd rather have my gun and not need it, than need it and not have it"

Yep I had a Glock 26 and found it to be more accurate than my brother-in-laws XD 9 Service. My PM40 isn't as accurate but the brick recoil might be the reason why, also the shorter sight radius. But the Glock can't come close to how well the PM40 pocket carries.

I wish Glock or Sig would make a gun that was the same size as the Kahrs. Not just a larger gun chopped down, but a gun designed fromt he ground up to be pocket carried.

I agree Scout. The Kahr does carry better.

Eddie, I just went through the same with my wife. In the end the G26 was better for her for several reasons. 1). less felt recoil 2). ease of operation, (slide pull, trigger pull, loading clips and fitting a smaller hand.

J.S.

Of the Glocks I wish I had bought the 19. It's not much bigger and would have been more comfortable. I found the grip too blocky. I know thay are the same shape but the longer grip makes it more comfortable.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I think (and if I'm wrong, I don't mind being corrected) the G26 is bigger and heavier. Those things make the gun jump around a bit less, so it'll probably be more accurate.

The Kahr is probably easier to carry, and if you practice with it, you can shoot it pretty well.

But between the two, someone who doesn't shoot the Kahr regularly is probably going to shoot the G26 a little better.

Yes, my groups have improved with the little Kahr PM40 and my groups with the Glock 26 weren't all that great until I installed some Trijicon night sights. IMO the factory sights on Glocks are horrible, but the factory sights on the Kahrs are great. I prefer the Sig style bar-dot sights and shoot better with them than any other style.

I'm actually considering swapping out my Sig factory night sights on my 220 for the bar-dot style because I shoot so much better.

The Glock has a wider grip circumference and is easier to hold on to. I have both and shoot well with both, the PM9 is definately easier to carry. For the size of the Glock 26, I would rather carry a Glock 19.
    If we treat every gun as if it was loaded, then why not treat every individual as if they are armed.

The short sight radius and the double action trigger on the PM9 require practice shooting hundreds of more rounds in order to shoot accurately.

This is based on my experience with my PM9 and XD40 service. When I first shot the PM9 I was all over the place.

Lots of dry fire and follow up live fire are prescribed in this situation.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    The short sight radius and the double action trigger on the PM9 require practice shooting hundreds of more rounds in order to shoot accurately.

This is based on my experience with my PM9 and XD40 service. When I first shot the PM9 I was all over the place.

Lots of dry fire and follow up live fire are prescribed in this situation.
    Perhaps an accurate observation....
    I'd be interested to try this myself....
    BTW ahs anyone heard anything more about a Kahr 10mm?
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I've never heard anything about a Kahr 10mm. That would be a potent little gun. I wonder if there is any talk about a .357 Sig line-up?

both good guns and I feel different applications. I would trust glock more in a "tactical" situation. on the flip side the Kahr is tough to beat for concealability (w/out going bug). the slightly longer barrel surely aids with accuracy....but most likely do to the nice trigger systems on the glock.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I shot both guns again today from 25 yards, which I feel is a long ways for those pistols. The Glock performed almost as well as it did at 15 yards. 3-4" groups and I was very happy with that The Kahr got worse, much worse 6"-off the target. The G26 is my wife's gun. I am starting second guess my choice,(kahr pm9) for primary carry . I love the size and feel, but I'm just not improving with it (600)rounds. I improve with the G26 every time I shoot it. I am now shooting better with the G26 than previous large frame pistols I've owned. I sure wish we had a range around here that was worth a **** that had good selection to rent from. I might have to do some trading.

Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    I shot both guns again today from 25 yards, which I feel is a long ways for those pistols.
    As long as you have the control, the Glock will reach it. The J Frame has the rep of a belly-gun, but with decent sights, it will easily hit out to 40 odd yards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links