Advice needed: Baretta 90Two .40 or S&W M&P .45?

This is a discussion on Advice needed: Baretta 90Two .40 or S&W M&P .45? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Long time lurker, first post, but who better to answer this questions then this board? I need to upgrade my handgun options, currently only have ...

Thread: Advice needed: Baretta 90Two .40 or S&W M&P .45?

Long time lurker, first post, but who better to answer this questions then this board? I need to upgrade my handgun options, currently only have Ruger LC9 to go with multiple shotguns. I would like something with some stopping power that's very reliable and fun to shoot at the range. Thanks in advance for the suggestions/reviews.

M&P's are my choices for carry, and I think a 40C or 9C is a great carry option. Both have more than ample firepower 10+1 and 12+1 and will take the mags of the full size service models.
    The M&P45C is about the same size as a Glock 19 and an outstanding pistol with 8+1 firepower. IMO, the Berettas are too large to be carried every day, but I live in Florida where less is more in the
    95 degree August heat.....that lasts for six months out of the year.

"Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

VIP Member
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Of the 2 mentioned I'd go with the S&W. That being said, you might also want to look at the CZ75 P-06.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I've shot the 90Two .40. Didn't like it at all. Mostly I didn't like the grip. But that's personal preferance. The guy who owns it loves it. I've heard great things about the M&P autos. I haven't had the pleasure of shooting one. ...Yet. LOL! But from what I've heard, you can't go wrong. I carry a full size Springfield XD for my CC and duty gun. I love it. I used to CC my Beretta 92fs and Rock Island 1911. So I'm used to carrying full size guns.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links