Sig P220 Carry

Sig P220 Carry

This is a discussion on Sig P220 Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody has this pistol for CCW? How do you like it? Do you carry it daily? and the grip size? is it too big to ...

Thread: Sig P220 Carry

Sig P220 Carry

Anybody has this pistol for CCW? How do you like it?
    Do you carry it daily? and the grip size? is it too big to conceal?
    Thank you

VIP Member
    I usually OC, but yes, I CC a P220R. It conceals very well (for me) in a CBST at 4:30. The P220 is my very favorite handgun.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

The Sig P220 Carry is my edc. Love it! They come now with thin polymer grips, but I changed mine out for Hogue G-10 grips. It's not a small pistol, but I carry mine comfortably in a Dale Fricke Archangel kydex holster carried iwb at my appendix. What is very important is your belt. If you get a quality tactical belt, it's no problem carrying it. I have over 3,000 rounds through my pistol with no failures of any kind. I also have a Glock 30sf but I like the way the Sig fits my hand better and I just shoot the Sig better.

My recommendation is to go rent one at a range and shoot it for yourself. If your range doesn't have the "Carry" version for rent you can try the straight P220, there isn't that much difference between the two pistols. The Carry version has a 3.9in barrel and the P220 has a 4.4in.......

I open and CC my P220 dark elite carry. I love it! It is a fun, reliable, and accurate pistol. Out of any of my pistols I would trust this one the most. Solid round, and solid pistol! I did replace stock grips with Hogue finger grove rubber grips.
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

Compact P220 alternative

I like the Sig P220 and have a full size stainless version of the gun. I considered getting a P220 Carry, but found that the grip area is the same length as the regular P220, and the difference between the two guns is only in 1/2 inch of barrel/slide length. I believe that grip length is the main problem with carrying a regular P220 because the grip is long and tends to stick out and print on the cover garment, especially if you lean forward or sit down. The P220 Carry doesn't really improve upon this grip length problem.

So I bought a P245, which is a P220 with a shorter grip holding a 6 round magazine, instead of the standard 7 or 8 round magazine of the P220. And the barrel length of the P245 is 3.9 inches, half an inch shorter than the P220. The P245 is roughly equivalent to a Colt Officer's model 1911 in size, capacity and grip length. The P245 conceals quite well, and has now been replaced in the Sig product line by the P220 Compact model, which is quite similar.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Links