S&W 327 performance center

This is a discussion on S&W 327 performance center within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was wondering if anyone has every shot, or owns a S&W 327 performance center revolver? Is it easily concealable? Bunker...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SFury

Thread: S&W 327 performance center

S&W 327 performance center

Was wondering if anyone has every shot, or owns a S&W 327 performance center revolver? Is it easily concealable? Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

2. Remove Ads

Well, I own, and carry a 327 TRR8. It's a full size N-frame revolver. So many people put so much effort to conceal tiny firearms they never attempt to conceal the bigger guns. It is quite easy to do with a little bit of effort. I'm no giant of a man. I'm 5'9" and weigh 190 lbs and conceal my firearm with no problems.

It shoots like a dream. With the rubber grips, and heavier frame, the recoil is negligible. Accuracy is not an issue. It shoots straighter than most people ever will.
    Ramjet likes this.

The 327 that i was looking at is an 8 shot, scandium frame 20 ounce, 2" revolver. Do you have that one also? I am not too worried about weight, just about the physical size. For reference, i usually pocket carry or use my OWB holster to carry my J frames. Thanks. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I do not own a snubbie version of the .357 so I do not know how well they would work for pocket carry.

Bunker I owned one just as you described. I also had the crimson trace laser on it. It was nice gun, with CT it was a little large in the grip area. Better for carry with stock grip. Very light weight and great fit and finish. Frame wise it was the same size as my 325 PD 45 ACP. Recoil was manageable but sharp with anything in 357 mag larger than 125 grain. Was a real treat with +p+ 38 special. It certainly in my mind could full fill the CCW need as an everyday carry weapon. I just wanted something different that is why the one I had went bye bye.

Awesome CCW

Get yourself one while you can. I essentially replaced a trusty Kahr MK9 with the 327 for appendix gun. The best CCW appendix secret around. MK9 is a very sweet gun also that I have put many trouble free rounds through but once I got to shooting the 327 and carry, MK9(all steel) sits in the safe after many many rounds which says a lot because I could shoot the Kahr very well it never malfunctioned so I had a very high level of confidence in it. They are about the same weight and don't let N Frame fool you because it hides well due to the roundness and less printing. Get an Alabama holster 360 or hooker for appendix carry. Too large for pocket. It is round so carries very well up front because barrel is so short will not dig into groin area. Not cheap but you won't be sorry. Get a S&W 360PD for pocket. 38+p is for j frame scandium where recoil is sharp with magnum. 357 no problem in the 327. Go full bore and practice. Mine has 135g 357 Gold dots in my 327 and 360pd. Lighter bullet no good possible crimp pull especially with 8 rounds. I believe in psychological impact from massive blast effect in addition to first bullet importance. Points so well you almost don't need the sights in close snap shot. My all time favorite CCW is Glock27 with 2 round ext but it is heavier feeling and more noticeable and I don't like it in appendix rig. I trade on and off. If appendix carry based on what im wearing 327. Side or 2:30 Glock usually or if I'm worried about Salwater or leaving something in car where it could be stolen out of car safe like at church or park etc. Also try snap point shooting with a Glock vs the 327. 327 is fast up front in Alabama rig and does not shoot low like Glock point shooting. I wish there was night sight front and rear but going to get a big dot for front. Hope this helps your decision.

Links