Who does "Car Wheelies"??...

This is a discussion on Who does "Car Wheelies"??... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gideon I get the impression you're thinking about having one on the person and the other always in the car? Would you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who does "Car Wheelies"??...

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I get the impression you're thinking about having one on the person and the other always in the car? Would you be leaving a loaded weapon in the car alot? A little? If I'm going into a place I can't carry and have to disarm and leave it in the vehicle it makes me paranoid until I get back. Does it bother anyone else?
    I've worked in the legal field for almost 25 years now. During the year, we go to Trial often. Obviously, the weapons stays in the vehicle. It's not a good feeling but I do get a little comfort knowing the vehicle is parked outside in an area where security is abundant. The weapons(s) will be locked in the Trunk in a seperate compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    ....A good .357 snubbie would also be good due to the confined space and short shooting distances when in a vehicle.

...maybe a nice 41 or 44 magnum, all steel (since you don't have to carry it around) snubbie (not ported)?
    You're not making this decision very easy for me!!....
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

2. Remove Ads

The 500S&W will shoot right through the door. That'll teach any would be car-jacker, although you'd be deaf afterwards, and need a new door.

Joking aside, If you aren't worried about the sound I'd say 44mag. If it's not for carry, you may as well get the biggest you can handle. I think if you plan to shoot from inside the vehicle, sound is a real concern though.

Maybe a SBS stuffed under the seat? Don't forget the Form 1.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    You know, I just had another thought. Now don't think I'm crazy but there's method to the madness.

What about a Rossi 4" .357?

It's at my department store for $329. The one I handles was a tight and sure on lockup as the S&W's beside it. Its a tad small in the grip than a S&W but it's a good feel. It has 6 shots, you can use it as a plinker with .38 and load it w/.357 for the car. Since it's an in the car gun bluing will be fine. It's small enough to handle in a vehicle with an excellent round but it's cheap. Still, I'm actually hearing a lot of good things about these. Personally I thought the trigger was better in DA than the S&W's or Taurus I handles. I know it's the low end but I think it might have some value when you think about it. I was surprised how the one I handled felt. Didn't really care for the finish (i.e., somewhat shiney blueing) but I liked the gun over all!

Good luck!
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    I would think a car safe would add peace of mind for those that worry about leaving a hand gun in a vehicle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links