DB 380 for cheap. yay or nay?

This is a discussion on DB 380 for cheap. yay or nay? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found what seems to be a good deal. DB380 with a pocket and good iwb holster and 4 mags for $380. It will be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DB 380 for cheap. yay or nay?

I found what seems to be a good deal. DB380 with a pocket and good iwb holster and 4 mags for $380. It will be for my wife. I have read good things but would like to hear from those of you who carry one. Thanks

I forgot to add. Would you recommend this or the lcp on buds for 300.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Even though I have a Diamondback DB9 and it has not given me any problems, I would suggest the LCP as there seems to be more accessories for it. Also you should be able to get it even lower for around $275 if you shop around. God Bless

The DB380 and DB9 have had some issues, I dont know if its been completely ironed out yet. I would not trust Diamondback yet, nor the KelTecs.. I had 2 PF9's and both were problems, although my P3AT was reliable. I also had an LCP and it functioned flawlessly, the quality of the LCP also seems better. You might want to have your wife shoot an LCP or whatever her choice will be. This way she can check the comfort of the gun, how the trigger feels and also recoil. There are a lot of small 9mm that perform well, have better ballistics than the 380 but will cost slightly more. Keep in mind these small guns are light, not as forgiving of shooter errors and could be more prone to malfunction. If you look at revolvers the Ruger LCR and S&W J frames are nice, of the two, I found the Ruger to be more comfortable to shoot with a better trigger, The S&W is a bit easier to conceal, your wife may not like the recoil though. If this will be her gun let her make the choice, there is a tremendous amount of info of the gun forums, also if you can find a LGS with a range that lets you rent she can try out different guns, that can be a big help with a decision.

I don't want to be a naysayer, but it seems to me that the recoil on those little .380s is ridiculous compared to the delivered payload. Some people don't mind it, and if you and/or your wife are among those people then I say go for it. But, and again this is just my humble experience, the sights are terrible and recoil is vicious for what you're getting in performance.

On the other hand, they're easy to carry and you can hide 'em anywhere. Doesn't seem to be a bad price to me, either. She probably can answer this question better than anyone else, but I can see arguments for both sides. If your wife doesn't mind the recoil it'd be an easy gun to carry, and you aren't going to find anyone on this board that is going to discourage her or you from taking whatever steps necessary to keep her armed and safe.

...and it's not like you can have too many options.

Keep looking & don't waste hard earned $$$$$

Crimson Trace LG-491H-S Laser Guard Diamondback DB380/DB9
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Quote Originally Posted by medmunds21 View Post
    Keep looking & don't waste hard earned $$$$$

Crimson Trace LG-491H-S Laser Guard Diamondback DB380/DB9

I hope you know that link is just for the CT Laserguard and NOT for the gun and laser. God Bless

thanks guys for the input she does not like small guns but she realizes that she cannot conceal a big one because of the way she dresses and her body type.
    she carries my xd9sc in her purse when she has her purse with her but needs something for on her body also. she doesnt like the grip on the lcp and she likes the design and grip on the DB. maybe the lc9. ill have to have her hold one next time in to shop. she does carry a snubbie but she cant quite master the trigger and doesnt have a very quick draw and shoot with the snubbie. she is fine with a automatic though.

I say let her shoot both if that is possible, let her make the decision on what feels the best, then let her put a coupld of hundred rounds t hrough it, and once that is reached without problems, would consider it reliable. IMO... I am not a have to shoot 3k rounds to deem my weapon reliable. Not sure how good of a deal that is, and have not heard a lot on the DBs, but google it and look for reviews and prices.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

How about the Kahr CM9 ? Its compact, light, easy to hide, and recoil isnt bad, the trigger has a long pull but is pretty smooth.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The Kahr CM series is a far better handgun and yes I would but the LCP from Buds before a DB. Buds has the LCP for $289.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

In my opinion there is a big difference in weight for comfortable pocket carry between a fully LOADED CM9 of approx. 20 ounces VS. the LCP / DB380 of around 12 ounces, which by the way is approx. the weight of $10 in quarters !!! God Bless

Administrator
    I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Way to many issues.... I think DB is circling the drain already.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Not to intrude on you and your wife,but,what about a airweight S&W,about the same money,low recoil rounds,lot less failure in the gun,just saying,if you dont have that proper hold on the little auto's a lot can go wrong quick!

I love my LCP. Very easy to conceal. Hogue grip and Pierce extention makes it easy to handle and shoot. Gander Mountain selling LCP for $279.
    Attached Images
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links