opinion of sig 250c?

opinion of sig 250c?

This is a discussion on opinion of sig 250c? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the local dealer has a sig 250 compact for $370. i have no experience with sig, new to c.c. and always looking for the "perfect" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: opinion of sig 250c?

opinion of sig 250c?

the local dealer has a sig 250 compact for $370. i have no experience with sig, new to c.c. and always looking for the "perfect" carry gun. what are your opinions on this gun, or what would you recommend (other than kahr, just don't care for them)? i'm considering everything from an rock island compact, pf9, to an lcp. i'd like to keep the price between $300 to $450, and all of these fall into that category. right now i'm carrying a makarov, sob, but i'm looking for something different. thanks for the help!

I owned the Sig P250 Compact and thought it was a great gun but it's BIG for concealed carry..did you mean the P250 subcompact?. Cheaperthandirt.com has the Taurus PT709 for $271.00. kygunco.com has the Beretta Nano for $420, Diamondback DB9 for $310 and Springfield XD9SC $399. Can't believe you're ruling out Kahrs though, they're superb guns.

sorry, the sig is the sub compact, 10rnds i believe. how does the taurus compare to the pf9 or the lc9?

You have got to consider the Walther PPS in 9mm....seriously it blows all the others away, I have tried just about everything out there, I really dont think anything compares, they all have to compromise to much in one area or another...the Sig P250c was my carry gun, but the Walther is fabulous. So slim but still has weight enough to absorb recoil and is extremely durable and well built (in Germany)...I can shoot it all day at the range, zero fatigue....it is now around $500...please dont fool around with the Taurus, PF9, or the LC9, you will be disappointed.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I really like the P250 series. They are one of the simplest pistols to operate and maintain. Some people will hate on the P250 because of the double action trigger. The trigger is butter smooth and only about 5.5lbs makes it more than easy to handle. For concealed carry it would be a great choice IMO. The one draw back is the weight, for a polymer sub compact weighing at nearly 25oz I find it to be on the heavy side. Other than that it is a great choice.

Searching the web, i find people either love it or hate it. i'm considering it because i'm looking for the best quality carry gun in my price range. so, around $400, the sig seems to be in the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    Searching the web, i find people either love it or hate it. i'm considering it because i'm looking for the best quality carry gun in my price range. so, around $400, the sig seems to be in the lead.
    Dont skimp on your carry gun. Take a good long look at multiple guns, and if you find something that you really like and you think will fit the bill better, you should save up and get it. Between the 400-500 range I can think of a bunch of good guns that would fit what you're looking for. Well the P250, Glock 26, M&P 9C, Ruger SR9C, XD9SC and so on. There are a bunch more out there. I listed all 9mms, but each of those pistols listed come in different calibers and will still remain the same size.
    Idahokid likes this.

SIGs are big guns for carry. But I carry mine all the time. They are undoubtedly my favorite. Silky smooth and very accurate. While I do not have a 250 (226 & 229) a good friend of mine does. A very good pistol. Fun to shoot and has the usual SIG accuracy. Why I do not have a 250 I cannot say, as it is a very good gun with an excellent price.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I really like the P250 series. They are one of the simplest pistols to operate and maintain. Some people will hate on the P250 because of the double action trigger. The trigger is butter smooth and only about 5.5lbs makes it more than easy to handle. For concealed carry it would be a great choice IMO. The one draw back is the weight, for a polymer sub compact weighing at nearly 25oz I find it to be on the heavy side. Other than that it is a great choice.
    I agree with skysoldier here. My main carry was a 250 Subcompact in 40 S&W cal, until recently. I now carry the same 250 but in Compact format. It's about 1 oz. heavier, but, I like the longer grip because I have pretty large hands. With the right belt and holster, the gun is very easy to carry, and I don't find much difference concealing it as apposed to the subcompact. They are great guns, and if the trigger is right for you, you'll love it.
    Like skysoldier, I love the simplicity of the gun.....long smooth, light trigger pull, and no unnecessary controls.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I agree with skysoldier here. My main carry was a 250 Subcompact in 40 S&W cal, until recently. I now carry the same 250 but in Compact format. It's about 1 oz. heavier, but, I like the longer grip because I have pretty large hands. With the right belt and holster, the gun is very easy to carry, and I don't find much difference concealing it as apposed to the subcompact. They are great guns, and if the trigger is right for you, you'll love it.
    Like skysoldier, I love the simplicity of the gun.....long smooth, light trigger pull, and no unnecessary controls.
    Woohoo someone agrees with me. OP: If you are set on the P250, which is a great choice you might want to look into getting the large frame for carry. Being from northern WI from your info posted, you will have no problem concealing a larger pistol during winter time. If you do like the sub compact version, look at getting some magazines from its big brothers which will work just fine in the sub compact. I'm pretty sure they even make a spacer sleeve to use larger mags with the smaller frame guns. Anyway happy hunting.

The trigger pull on the 250's is so long you could start to pull the trigger and then order a pizza, go to the ATM to get cash to pay for the pizza, finish waiting for the pizza to get there, pay for the pizza, eat the pizza, put the pizza box in the recycling container, wash the dishes you put the pizza on and then MAYBE the gun would go bang. This is to say that the trigger on the 250's are a bit long for my personal tastes.
    mrwonderful likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    The trigger pull on the 250's is so long you could start to pull the trigger and then order a pizza, go to the ATM to get cash to pay for the pizza, finish waiting for the pizza to get there, pay for the pizza, eat the pizza, put the pizza box in the recycling container, wash the dishes you put the pizza on and then MAYBE the gun would go bang. This is to say that the trigger on the 250's are a bit long for my personal tastes.
    The trigger is not that bad.

i'm also trying to get something with sensible recoil. i'm having some issues with my hands being sore and swollen, so recoil during practice is a concern. that's one of the reasons a heavier gun may not be a bad thing.

Having primarily shot DA revolvers for 40+ years, I love the P250 trigger. My 9mm SC has been 100% reliable, very accurate and I can shoot it as fast as I can hit anything.

I agree Sigs are too big for carry. I'm 5' 8" and 158 lbs. I carry 90% of the time my LCR. 3% - Glock 26, 4% - Kahr PM9 and 3% the Glock 19.

I would also consider the Ruger LC9, Kahr CM9.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links