Kahr concealed carry for running/jogging - Page 2

Kahr concealed carry for running/jogging

This is a discussion on Kahr concealed carry for running/jogging within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 5.11 holster shirt that a wear when I run. Its made of stretchy/tight under armor type material and has a padded pocket ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kahr concealed carry for running/jogging

I have a 5.11 holster shirt that a wear when I run. Its made of stretchy/tight under armor type material and has a padded pocket under each arm with a velcro closure. Its very secure. I carry my LC9 under one arm and my iphone under the other arm.

I wear a CM9 in a Smartcarry while running/lifting without a problem.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

I run with my LCP in a neoprene runner's fanny pack. Works great. It's in a leather pocket holster. If it's raining I put a grocery bag around it inside the fanny pack.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

You might take a look at these holsters. They are designed for runners, joggers and athletic activities. I've been told some Secret Service agents wear them when out jogging with the Pres.

Pistol Wear-Holsters for Concealment

You might also look at this one from Elite Survival Systems, although you may find it to be too bulky.

Executive Protection Waistband Holster
    gun_bushido likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

As sort of a summary...

Wear something that holds the firearm tightly to your body - anything bigger than a pound (loaded?) is probably too heavy. Be aware of sweat/rust, practice deploying -during- your run. Go to a secluded area on your jog, stop, take a knee, pull and deploy (finger off trigger). Time it (one-thousand-one, etc.). If you have problems deploying and getting front sight up in more than 3-5 seconds you need more work.

Take an item that weighs the same, and randomly have your partner tell you to 'deploy'...or every time you see a dog running by, stop take a knee, deploy your cell-phone, or camera from your point of concealment (fanny pack, under arm 5.11 shirt, holster) and see if you can get the dog's picture - IOW play with it in a safe but realistic manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    As sort of a summary...

Wear something that holds the firearm tightly to your body - anything bigger than a pound (loaded?) is probably too heavy........

FYI IIRC the Kahr Cm9/PM9 loaded 6+1 weigh in at around 20 ounces. You may have to go with a 380acp gun like the LCP, TCP, BG380, DB380, P3AT, etc. which weigh in fully loaded under 16 ounces. Probably more like 13-14 ounces. God Bless

Real runners carry bows and arrows anyway so whatever...............

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    As sort of a summary...

Wear something that holds the firearm tightly to your body - anything bigger than a pound (loaded?) is probably too heavy. Be aware of sweat/rust, practice deploying -during- your run. Go to a secluded area on your jog, stop, take a knee, pull and deploy (finger off trigger). Time it (one-thousand-one, etc.). If you have problems deploying and getting front sight up in more than 3-5 seconds you need more work.

Take an item that weighs the same, and randomly have your partner tell you to 'deploy'...or every time you see a dog running by, stop take a knee, deploy your cell-phone, or camera from your point of concealment (fanny pack, under arm 5.11 shirt, holster) and see if you can get the dog's picture - IOW play with it in a safe but realistic manner.
    You are kidding, right?

I had to find a happy medium since I love both running and carrying my firearm. A company called Bulldog makes a fanny pack holster. To me fanny packs are a little girly looking but it works and it does not affect my workout, and Chuck Norris wears them so they have to be cool. Weight is not too big of a factor with this system unless you CC a barret. You can google bulldog fanny pack and it is the first link.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by All_Business View Post
    I had to find a happy medium since I love both running and carrying my firearm. ...
    Love is cheap these days. Sorry I can't be there with some water and ammo for you at the finish.

Ran today with a Glock 30 in a Remora 11ART-RFT. Carried it IWB 4:00 using only the drawstring of my gym shorts for support. No problems at all. Was impressed though -- did it as a test. Previously (before discovering Remora) used Kahr PM40 in Crossbreed Supertuck (again, usually just drawstrings -- occasionally with an Uncle Mikes inner duty belt).

jyo
    I too have carried a Kahr CW9 in a very old belly-band holster---this worked quite well for hiking/walking---I am not a runner and do not wear tight fitting running clothes.

Red face Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You might take a look at these holsters. They are designed for runners, joggers and athletic activities. I've been told some Secret Service agents wear them when out jogging with the Pres.

Pistol Wear-Holsters for Concealment

You might also look at this one from Elite Survival Systems, although you may find it to be too bulky.

Executive Protection Waistband Holster
    Thank you for the links.
    FreeEagle

There's always something like this. I never run without compression shorts.

*be aware.. these are sort-of underwear pics**

http://www.undertechundercover.com

I would much rather the pocket be on the thigh though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links