Sig p238.

This is a discussion on Sig p238. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good point, exactly why we should shoot before we buy :-) The gun I returned (very nice LGS) was the Kahr P380, I was unable ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig p238.

Good point, exactly why we should shoot before we buy :-) The gun I returned (very nice LGS) was the Kahr P380, I was unable to get a magazine through the gun without a feed or eject issue. Kahr CS said it needed 200 rounds to break in. I gave it the full 200of various ammo-no change. Probably just got a bad one. The Sigs trigger is much better than the Kahrs IMO.

QUOTE=Gideon;2134098]I have a different opinion. Although I thnk the P238 is probably the best looking pocket .380 on the market, I think the Kahr P380 is hands down the best choice for a pocket .380. here's why:
    -Better ergonomics; I get a better grip on the Kahr
    -I don't like a safety on a pocket gun at all! It's going to be a quick pull and presentation, no safety or mag disconnect for me
    -I don't want a single action trigger on a pocket gun although every P238 trigger I've dry fired seems to have a heavy pull, still I think the Kahr has a much better trigger.

I'd LOVE to have the Sig but for a pocket .380 I don't think you can beat the features of the Kahr .380. Mine has been VERY reliable and recoil is reasonable to mild. I cut a piece of a bicycle inner tube for the grip because the checkering is a bit aggressive and I absolutely love the grip now.

Anyway, the Sig is nice if your main carry is a 1911 so you'r always swiping your thumb safety[/QUOTE]

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for all the response. I will have to give the Sig a second look this week, my LGS has a nice used one w/wood grips and extended mag.
    To the question of my statement of not liking a SA trigger then why look at the Sig? I am trying to find a reliable pocket carry gun in a caliber 380 or better
    that I can carry in the summer months and I am willing to learn and change my mind to get there. I had a Bodyguard 380 that fit my needs perfectly. It was
    small enough to hide in a front pocket and not be noticed, I was accurate enough to defend my self if needed, and I had a good holster for support. The only draw back,
    I could not depend on it to work. I have since sold all of my auto pistols except two range guns, 1911 S&W E Ta and a Ruger Target MkIII. My carry and home defense guns are two j-frames and a 4" 357 686 S&W. I am trying to fill the pocket cc slot and that is how I got to the question about the Sig.
    Thanks for your information, Frank.

Cracks in Sig Sauer P238

I recently found some cracks on my brand new Sig Sauer P238 HD model (pics posted below). Since Sig has a lifetime warranty I sent the P238 back to Sig Sauer 3 weeks ago for repairs. Friday I received my P238 back, and to my surprise the gun was NOT repaired, Sig Sauer did send me a letter stating:

"This pistol is well within factory specifications for fit function and finish
    Function tested with no malfunctions.

BTW: This gun has NEVER been fired.
    100_5318_2.jpg100_5319.jpg100_5318_2.jpg100_5319.jpg

I will be buying an RBT 238 (just getting the RBT model cause it's so purdy and ladylike) soon for my bride to carry as the SP101 is too heavy and she ends up not carrying at all. The fit, finish as well as everything else about this little auto is excellent; and they can be had for reasonable prices if you shop around and are patient.

-Russell
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links