New Sig P238 Grips

This is a discussion on New Sig P238 Grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, Ordered some VZGrips for my P238 (basic nitron model with black plastic grips). What do you think? I'll put up pictures of the ...

Thread: New Sig P238 Grips

New Sig P238 Grips

Hey guys,

Ordered some VZGrips for my P238 (basic nitron model with black plastic grips). What do you think? I'll put up pictures of the grips on the gun when I pick it up on Tuesday from the FFL.

:)

VZ Grips: G10 Elite Tactical Carry

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Those look great! Definitely looking forward to the pictures.

I'm a big P238 fan.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Ditto what Fitch said. I love the P238 and I'm digging those VZ grips you ordered!
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Hey Fitch,

I actually got the P238 based on your review/recommendation.
    The gun gets to my FFL tomorrow, and the grips get here Thursday. I'll put up 'before and after' pics once I install them!

Awesome!

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Pics are up!

Awesome grips. How much were they? I'm thinking about buying them after looking at your pics.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Hey man,

They were $50 I think. Big improvement over the stock grips. These feel great in the hand. Tomorrow will be my first range trip with them.

Awesome! Well done!

Fitch

Not sure I like the way the CT laserguard looks though. Granted, it helps you get on target faster, but it takes away from the sexiness of the P238, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Not sure I like the way the CT laserguard looks though. Granted, it helps you get on target faster, but it takes away from the sexiness of the P238, IMO.
    Well .. golly. This P238 isn't a carnation, it's a defensive tool. The whole pistol, laser included, is clear out of sight all the time and never ever seen by the public if one is fortunate. Even if one open carries it the laser is out of sight in the holster.

No disrespect here, but I can't see how the laser's appearance matters. It's a grip actuated CT laser (the SIG laser isn't grip actuated, now that is ugly!), fits efficiently under the dust cover beneath the slide, doesn't protrude beyond the muzzle or sideways beyond the frame. Nothing to snag. Not much wider than the trigger guard truth be told. And, if you need it, it comes on when you grip the weapon no thought required.

All in all, a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Fitch

Well, Fitch I believe you are right.
    Just returned from the range, where I shot the following rounds/amounts through my P238:

1. Started off with 100 Speer Lawman FMJs. 50 with laser, 50 without. The laser made a huge difference in how quickly I got on target and made accurate shots. So, though it may be ugly, it's a good idea to have.

2. Next, fired some Hornady Critical Defense. At first, I had 3 consecutive failure to feeds, followed by a double-feed. I figured the weapon needed to broken in, so I put the remaining 15 rounds aside for later use.

3. Then fired 25 Wilson Combat XTP. Great ammo: very clean, low-flash (range is dimly lit), accurate, no problems feeding.
    4. Next up was 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dot. Also excellent ammo. Very accurate and low-flash, but with more kick than anything else I shot today.
    5. Came back to the Hornady CD, and they fired fine. Accurate, low-flash.

All in all, VERY impressed with this gun. I'm not a marksman or sharpshooter by any means, but I was placing 3" groups at 12 yards. I feel that's good enough to stop a threat. And that's as a new shooter, and new to this gun. I'm sure that as I work with my P238 more and more, my accuracy will get even better.

Very happy about the purchase; $575 hurt up front, but hey, if it saves my bacon one day, then it's worth it. Highly recommend the P238 to all.

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    No offense but I was DIGGIN your pics of the new grips, until I came to the pic with the laser grip...YUCK. I love Crimson Trace...but they turn that sweet little minature 1911 into a ugly beast.

Anyway congrats on the new little shooter. Its a fine little gun.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Links