NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

This is a discussion on NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cuda66 Compare any of the XD's to a similar Glock, and you'll find the XD is considerably heavier. I shoot glocks a ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    Compare any of the XD's to a similar Glock, and you'll find the XD is considerably heavier.
    I shoot glocks a lot. The first time I picked up a XDm at the gun shop I was shocked at how heavy it was.

They might build them heavy on purpose. For every ounce you get an import point.

2. Remove Ads

My guess is that the 29 ounces is when it is FULLY LOADED with 6 rounds........not empty. I arrived at this because a fully loaded G36 weighs in at around 27+ ounces. Again just my guess. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    My guess is that the 29 ounces is when it is FULLY LOADED with 6 rounds........not empty. I arrived at this because a fully loaded G36 weighs in at around 27+ ounces. Again just my guess. God Bless
    - This review says that it's 29 oz. empty, so it might not be a typo.
    Springfield Armory XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

The other thing that I don't know if I'd be crazy about is the fiber optic sight. They generally are fairly fragile and putting it in a holster and taking it out could damage it. I know that I've broken fiber optic sights on my shotgun in the field taking it out of a soft case.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    As someone here already said, the XDm 3.8 compact with the extended magazine weights 29oz, so it is possible even if someone at Springfield said this XDs weights that they could be wrong. Maybe loaded..as vbvaguy said. I wonder what it is made out of if it actually weights that.

I prefer the gun to be heavy also. It makes it easier to shoot. I will actually be interested in both, the .45 and the 9mm.

With a weight like that, are you sure that's not a Beretta?

I hope they sell it in 9mm with s 7round and a 9 round mag. Then ill buy it.

I apologize in advance for my rant. I so want to like the XD lineup, but alas I have to call 'em as I see 'em. I own several XD's and the triggers are crap....different on every one. XDm is no different....go to you gun store and try it for yourself. No consistency. The concealed carry community is a huge market, and SA acts like they have absolutely no clue about what makes a good concealed carry gun. First it was the short barreled XDm....with a 19 round broomhandle grip, and now a 29 oz single stack 45 with a 5 round capacity? I don't know what to say other than a little more rant below.....again, I apologize to XD owners everywhere. Other companys "get it". Springfield Armory seems more clueless by the day.

nice job SA Engineers. Lets not ask the CCW community what is important to us....29oz ultracompact 45??? Are you freaking kidding me??.....I for one have totally lost interest in Springfield Armory XD anything. Pay attention, Smith & Wesson is kicking your butt. I can hear the laughter from Glock all the way from Georgia. Kahr engineers are rolling on the floor laughing their butts off.
    If anyone needs a good small compact .45 that weighs 2/3 of the XD, and probably a whole lot cheaper (XDm really just stands for more $)....one of these two will fit the bill. Can't wait until Kahr comes out with the CM45.

btw....here is a pic of Springfield Armorys Marketing VP conversing with their chief design engineer........

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

29 oz. has got to be wrong. My Kahr CW45 weighs 27 oz. LOADED with 7 230 grain rounds.

If this pistol truly is 29 oz. empty, with a capacity of 5+1, it is an epic failure, IMO. And that stupid grip safety.......

Where's my M&P single stack?
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I like the concept. Would loce to shoot. I think it needs atleast another round however it shouldn't be held against it. It's a purpose built pistol, single stacks will carry better than doubles. The thin and tight feel makes them dissappear in light concealment.

eb
    /shrug

I look past the Kahr CW45 in the "carry safe" on a daily basis as I reach for the XD 45. Great gun. Love it. Will buy more XDs.

Very cool, I have an XD9sc and would love to see a 9mm single stack XD as well. Although I've grown very fond of my 13+1 rounds. Would make IWB carry disappear even more...that's the only thing that bothers me, I get 'slide poke' on my t-shirts a lot at 3:00.

29 oz? Its out for me

why are so many worrying about a few ounces weight - heck, your socks weigh that much !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hobobum View Post
    why are so many worrying about a few ounces weight - heck, your socks weigh that much !!!
    - Why wouldn't the average person worry about it? I carry enough stuff in my pockets (knife, phone, keys, etc.) to not want to weigh them down any more. Why carry around 29 oz. when the competitors are around 20 oz? Some people carry even more than I do (flashlight, OC Spray, extra magazines, backup gun) and you'll either look like Batman or have your pants on the ground.

Its funny how people snivel over a few ounces!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links