NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

This is a discussion on NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For everyone concerned about the weight, Rob Leatham just said on XDTalk that the weight is actually 21 oz, not 29 oz. (I知 assuming the ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NEW: Springfield XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

For everyone concerned about the weight, Rob Leatham just said on XDTalk that the weight is actually 21 oz, not 29 oz. (I知 assuming the weight is with an empty mag like most SA specs)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Zandor View Post
    For everyone concerned about the weight, Rob Leatham just said on XDTalk that the weight is actually 21 oz, not 29 oz. (I知 assuming the weight is with an empty mag like most SA specs)

Pretty much what I guessed at on an earlier post. SWEET !!! God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Zandor View Post
    Thanks for the info! I was wondering how they could get such a small pistol to weigh so much. 29 ounces is full size polymer frame pistol weight, and some alloy frame guns weigh less than that..

21 ounces is probably a good weight for this piece, about the same as a steel J frame.

Springfield still needs to get their act together and make sure they get simple things right, like releasing the right specs on a pistol and employing reps who have at least heard of a competing manufacturer's products.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The weight absolutely HAS to be a typo... or the loaded weight.

Even if it is 29 ounces, that just means it's going to be the most controllable micro .45.
    Hakkaa p蒿lle!

sr4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I realize I'm not adding anything to this conversation or thread, but I find it extremely weird that I came upon this video and I know this guy... not personally or anything. I just know of him.

Weird.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I don't think anyone wants the Springfield XDS to have poor sales. Most complaints are about it's weight compared to its two closest competitors. The Kahr CW45, PM45 and the Glock 36. The Kahr CW45 is American made, lighter and holds one more round. The Glock 45 is also lighter and is a proven handgun. IMO, it doesn't even favor comparable to their own double stack compact. Thinner, but same weight?
    True, but there's tradeoffs. The G36 is an eighth of an inch fatter, and the CW45 is .8" taller. The PM45 has the same capacity as the XDs and it is still half an inch taller.
    Hakkaa p蒿lle!

I got to handle at the Shotshow last week and talk to the Springfield guys. Looks to be a winner if 5+1 of 45 will meet your needs.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Springfield XD's are notoriously heavy. The slim being 29oz doesn't surprise me. I love my XD9sc, but it is not one of my carry guns. My G26 is, my G19 is, my Kahr PM9 is, but not the XD9sc. Too heavy for a little chunky gun. Feels good in the hand, shoots goods, etc., but too heavy for carry IMO. This comes as no surprise about the slim.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Springfield XD's are notoriously heavy. The slim being 29oz doesn't surprise me. I love my XD9sc, but it is not one of my carry guns. My G26 is, my G19 is, my Kahr PM9 is, but not the XD9sc. Too heavy for a little chunky gun. Feels good in the hand, shoots goods, etc., but too heavy for carry IMO. This comes as no surprise about the slim.

Please look at my post above #107. God Bless

I just don't understand all the debate about weight: to me, smaller and heavier means better shooting and less recoil, right? I have an SA xd-45 SC and a Kimber UC II that I use for CC. Why? It is as heavy as my SA and smaller and slimmer than the SA. I can shoot the Kimber better than the SA because of how it feels in my hand. It is largely based on what feels good in your hands...not round capacity and weight. For SD, one should be able to stop a threat(shot placement), if needed in less than 8 rounds ideally. I know it is hypothetical but is sure how I like to see it. In fact, I would not want to fire my gun at all in a SD case. I will if I have to....
    Kimber UC II
    SA XD-45 SC
    1948 16g Remington Model 24
    Mossberg .410g shottie

Despite the fact that I just ordered a PM9, I'd definitely like to check out an XDs in 9mm when it's released. I've found that the polymer Springfields fit my hands very well.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    its all BS till you try it at the range....a light weight 45 seems like a fun idea till it goes BANG

Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    its all BS till you try it at the range....a light weight 45 seems like a fun idea till it goes BANG
    - The Kahr and Glock are more than manageable to shoot.
    Vaquero 45 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Got a Glock 36 and like it pretty good. But would like to try out the XDS myself. May just have to sell the G36 to fund one.

I like SA I have shot the XD 9mm years ago. Very nice to shoot. This gun looks to be really good but I have my sights set on a Glock 30 or 36.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links