GLOCK

This is a discussion on GLOCK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to EDC a G27, but switched to a G23 (G26, G19 for the OP) since it feels better in my hands and not ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: GLOCK

I used to EDC a G27, but switched to a G23 (G26, G19 for the OP) since it feels better in my hands and not that much larger than the G27. The full size M&P40 was too big and printed often enough. G23/G19 is a great size re: ergo's and concealed carry.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medmunds21 View Post
    If I'm not thinking about guns, I'm purchasing guns every 3 weeks and I've been only carrying for 7 here in Florida. Outside of loving the looks of the 1911 and buying one 2 weeks ago, I'm considering a Glock to add to my collection. Any Glock lovers out there?
    What do you think of the Glock 26 for carry?
    Any Glock lovers? Are you kidding? Haven't you heard of the DC Glock Gestopo? LOL

Member Rules to abide by:

1. If anyone post's a thread about any other firearms make sure one of the underlings post something stupid like "GLOCK'S RULE MAN!!!!!!"
    2. If anyone has anything negative to say about Glock (even simple preference of another firearm) you must first see step one, then if it's a 1911 you need to bring up capacity and weight a long with a witty line about showing yours friends a 1911, but your enemies a GLOCK!!!
    3. If anyone starts a thread about GLOCK issues with their firearm. First blame the ammo, then proceed to calling them Sally for limp wristing.
    4. Put a picture of Gunny a long with Gaston and his wife on your nightstand. (See below for print out and framing specifications)

GLOCK!!!!!!

Gunny
    the-gunny-says-demotivational-poster-1255560989.jpg

Gaston and Wife
    Gaston-Glock-And-Wife.jpg
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Problem with 1911's is weight and capacity. I'll show my friends 1911's all day but i'll show my enemies a GLOCK!................Have you seen Gaston's wife? Limp wristing would jam any hand gun.

Carry my Gen 4 Glock 26 everyday

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    Problem with 1911's is weight and capacity. I'll show my friends 1911's all day but i'll show my enemies a GLOCK!................Have you seen Gaston's wife? Limp wristing would jam any hand gun.

At least one person enjoyed the joke!

GLOCK!!!!!!!!!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

LOL! C Hawk! You rock man.

Oh, OP, I hate Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

Yup...there's a few of us "Glock lovers" out here.

The G26 is an excellent choice - same overall size as a snubbie, with twice the firepower, a better trigger, a faster reload, and better sights. The only thing the G26 is not really good for, is pocket carry (I do pocket carry mine, but only when in uniform). In most clothes, it is too big for that...though some folks here claim to pocket carry a bazooka.

Check out the G19 as well. One of the best combat pistols ever made.
    I actually do carry a Glock 26 in my pocket........with a 10 round flat mag. It really fits nice in a pair of dockers or cargo shorts. In jeans it can be a little tight, but really not that much different from carrying a J frame revolver (I have both). The advantage with the Glock is you get 11 rounds of 9mm+p vs 5 rounds of 38. It's all what you get used to....

You will love the 26 I'm looking for a 33 as we speak.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU WAITING FOR, A WRITTEN INVITATION? ( As my late Dad would have said). G26!!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

If I'm not thinking about guns, I'm purchasing guns every 3 weeks and I've been only carrying for 7 here in Florida. Outside of loving the looks of the 1911 and buying one 2 weeks ago, I'm considering a Glock to add to my collection. Any Glock lovers out there?
    What do you think of the Glock 26 for carry?
    What do I think about the G26 for carry? A few things come to mind for me personally. The G26 was good enough for my ex-girlfriend to carry. The G26 is plenty capable. If you can carry a G26, you can also carry a G27. If you're thinking the G26 is more concealable than a G19, then you really haven't been carrying Glocks.
    Love Glock? Pretty much. I replaced the love with 'live' a long time ago. Won't be caught without a Glock for everyday carry. Might catch me without two at certain times.
    I used to spend money on guns at least once a month like you. Now I'm on the shady side of the hill but I grabbed a bit of sunshine and stuck it in my pocket before I got to the top. Now I only buy ammo to feed my select few.
    Asking is one thing, finding out on your own is another. If you're serious about life....you have a Glock. G26 is a good starter, but many can't master the sub-compact Glocks and get disappointed. Get something you can hit with and work with it. If a G26 is your limit that's fine. As a back-up pistol it's above and beyond. With the right ammo it's a bit more.

I have a G22, G23 & G27 (amongst others), normally carry the G23.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I don't "love" my Glock 23, but I really like it alot! If you have never shot a Glock before, you should try one out at the range before you buy. Some people with small hands or short fingers don't like the Glock's grip ergonomics. I don't own a G26, but I read in a recent gun rag that the G26 is actually more accurate than the full size, and is winning shooting competitions like IPDA or IPSC.

[QUOTE=C hawk Glock;2137385]Any Glock lovers? Are you kidding? Haven't you heard of the DC Glock Gestopo? LOL

Member Rules to abide by:

1. If anyone post's a thread about any other firearms make sure one of the underlings post something stupid like "GLOCK'S RULE MAN!!!!!!"
    2. If anyone has anything negative to say about Glock (even simple preference of another firearm) you must first see step one, then if it's a 1911 you need to bring up capacity and weight a long with a witty line about showing yours friends a 1911, but your enemies a GLOCK!!!
    3. If anyone starts a thread about GLOCK issues with their firearm. First blame the ammo, then proceed to calling them Sally for limp wristing.
    4. Put a picture of Gunny a long with Gaston and his wife on your nightstand. (See below for print out and framing specifications)

GLOCK!!!!!! QUOTE]

You are hilarious but honest too. I will have to use your advise when someone is referring to a 1911... I'm in tears still laughing. This will be my first Glock & diffidently NOT my last.

Blessings!!!
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Glock has become the gun for me. I wish I could hate them but they just work. And they are so reasonably priced compared to their competition. The Glock 26 is a great carry gun. I usually carry my Glock 19 myself but when I need a smaller gun I grab my Glock 26.

What did you trade it for?
    I sold it to fund my Springfield XD .45. Which is my new EDC as well as my new duty gun.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links