Defensive Carry banner

Sig P938 9mm

17K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  TRC 
#1 ·
Pics of the Sig 938 @ SHOT

More can be seen HERE

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice. Looks like it will be ~ 6 x 4 inches. PM9/CM9 is still smaller, and I consider the PM9 about the limit for pocket carry in most clothes...though I know some claim to pocket carry a bazooka every day.

Give it a year...work the bugs out...there's always bugs...

#6 ·
Well, here's hoping that most of the bugs were worked out in the P238... Yeah, I know, not likely, but we can dream...

Reactions: JD
#9 ·
9mmP

#11 ·
Nice, any idea what the cost would be yet?

#14 ·
That's too bad about the ambi safety, IMO. I just don't care for them. Granted, I generally don't care for thumb safeties at all, but I especially don't like the ambis. On a pistol meant for relatively deep concealment, wouldn't it make sense to save that (yes, I know, very small) extra bit of width?

#16 ·
Honestly, having carried 1911s, the HK45, and the Sig 220SAO which all had ambi safeties I can honestly say that that little smidgeon of extra width makes zero difference and in most cases the safety is no wider than the grip panel (with the exception on the HK45 as there are no grip panels) and those were big guns. When it comes to small guns, it definitely won't matter.

I'd also be willing to bet that not ALL the 938s will have the ambi safety.

#25 ·
I'm interested. Reminds me of the Springfield EMP. But with only a 6 round magazine it's going to have be about the same size of their P238 (.380) if there's going to any advantage over the EMP's 9 round mag. Plus I like the grip safety on the EMP.

But I still want to get my hands on it. I've been putting off getting a single stack micro 9mm until I see what everyone is going to be offering.

I was hoping S&W would make a single stack micro M&P but I've heard from shot show that isn't happening.

Still, it wouldn't be the first time someone missed shot show, only to launch a new gun a few months after shot show.

I'm also wanting to get my hands on the Sig P224. About the same size as the EMP but with 11 rounds. And the classic Sig as opposed to the 1911.

#26 ·
I bought the Kimber Solo (because of the ambi safety) as an "upgrade" to 9MM from my beloved Sig P238. My Solo, unlike some, has functioned perfectly. I'll wait and see if the 938 has growing pains like the 238, but I can definitely see it replacing the Solo if it's as good as its little brother. Love my Sigs (P225 and P238)! It is apparently just a wee bit bigger than the Solo in some dimensions, but lighter, cheaper, and comes standard with the night sights. Also, Crimson Trace laser would transfer right over from the 238. Sweet!

#27 ·
I've been looking for a SAO subcompact single stack 9mm, ever since I sold my forged steel (heavy as a brick) STAR M-43.

#28 ·
I think these look promising and I am anxiously awaiting the release date.

#30 ·
Hmmm...If I have never had a malfunction out of my Keltec PF9, but I could probably sell the idea to the wife because it'll be more reliable...right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.