Taurus .45 Millennium Pro - picky about ammo

Taurus .45 Millennium Pro - picky about ammo

This is a discussion on Taurus .45 Millennium Pro - picky about ammo within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any other Taurus .45 Milennium Pro owners having this problem? The weapon is very picky about what ammo it likes. Hollow points jam constantly. FMJ ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rollo
  • 1 Post By rgbiker
  • 1 Post By rgbiker
  • 1 Post By paramedic70002

Thread: Taurus .45 Millennium Pro - picky about ammo

Unhappy Taurus .45 Millennium Pro - picky about ammo

Any other Taurus .45 Milennium Pro owners having this problem? The weapon is very picky about what ammo it likes. Hollow points jam constantly. FMJ jams occasionally. The only ammo that feeds reliablyso far is Hornady Critical Defense.

Is this a common problem with this model or is it me?

I no longer have my PT145 Mil Pro, but when I did my experience was that it was quite the opposite experience. It shot everything I put through it, including ammo given to me that had issues in my buddy's M&P45. However, I did have another gun that had the same issues that you describe. It ended up being an issue with the recoil spring being worn out and requiring replacement.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Any other Taurus .45 Milennium Pro owners having this problem? The weapon is very picky about what ammo it likes. Hollow points jam constantly. FMJ jams occasionally. The only ammo that feeds reliablyso far is Hornady Critical Defense.

Is this a common problem with this model or is it me?
    I would bet dollars to doughnuts that you have the same issue mine did which was a bad magazine. The majority of hollow point ammo would nose dive. Send the mags back to Taurus and they will send you some new ones. This fixed the issue for me.
    mano3 likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

My brother's is picky also. Only likes WWB and PMC FMJ's. He uses hornaday holow points in his also.

I had the same issues with a third generation PT745pro Millennium. The magazines were junk. New magazines from Taurus didn't fix the problem so the gun was traded off.
    Later, I bought a PT709-9 which had well made magazines, but the gun had FF and FTE issues. That too, was sold off.

Some day...........Taurus may get it right. 'Til then I avoid buying Taurus.
    mano3 likes this.

I read at some other sites that it seems to be a magazine issue. Well, you get what you pay for...

Thanks for the help folks!

I have a PT745 and have had no problems with it. It eats what I feed it with no issues.
    My son has a PT145 and so far, no issues. He is deployed now but I will give it a try when I go to the range.

Tim

I've always maintained that it is possible to get a Taurus semi auto handgun that will perform as designed with out any feeding or ejections issues that require a trip back to Miami for a fix.

However, when it comes to a tool designed to protect ones life in a critical situation, can you rely on a handgun with a history of suspicious quality control?

Just my $00.02.
    mano3 likes this.

be sure and check the feed ramp. Rub your finger around the feed ramp to see if you feel a bur or something that might be catching the bullet. I broke my PT145 down and buffed the feed ramp with a Dremel tool and metal polish. Also buffed the lips of the magazines which did have some rough edges. Problem solved. No mo' FTF. If the gun has a FTF, there is a reason.....look for it and you will probably be able to fix the issue without sending it back to Taurus.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    mano3 likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links