cz p-07 or fnx 9 - Page 2

cz p-07 or fnx 9

This is a discussion on cz p-07 or fnx 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; altho' pistol choice is very personal, and both need to be handled for a choice to be made, I love . and nearly every one ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cz p-07 or fnx 9

altho' pistol choice is very personal, and both need to be handled for a choice to be made, I love . and nearly every one I have ever met that has used one loves . the FN - 9 0r 45 either one.
    there again it's all personal, but I own 21 .45's and the FN.45 is my favorite, by far......the 9 is just as nice, and totally dependable.

No one around me has the fnx. I got a chance to hold the cz duty and the fnp. Between the two of them I would take the cz. It just feels like a more solid gun. Plus I plan on carrying condition one. Going to the gun show this weekend to look at the fnx. It's about $100 or so more but it cones with an extra mag and a safty as well as a decocker. I think the deciding factor will be how the fnx feels in my hand and how much they are willing to deal at the show. My brother and uncle are both going with me to pick up a couple fb five sevens. We figure we might get a deal if we pick up all three at once. So they're both getting five sevens and I'm getting a 9mm. Who's got two thumbs and is gonna deal inadequate ? This guy!

Like you said, the FNX comes with three magazines. With the cost of magazines, you should figure about $45 each for the difference.

I have the FNX-9 and a CZ85B (yeah, left-handed guy) The FNX is tremendously accurate and with the right backstrap, for me, it became a natural pointer. I have about 1,000 rounds of reloads and 300 rounds of various factory rounds through mine and have not had a problem yet. I have tried cleaning after each outing as well as going about 500-600 rounds without cleaning, and it makes no difference.

I have found the FNX to be as accurate as my CZ which is all steel. The only problem I have with the FNX is finding a suitable holster. While I have a dedicated IWB SHTFgear holster for my EDC, I have not yet decided on a carry holster for my FNX. I, too, had looked at the FNP and also selected the FNX because of the carry options.

Good luck with your decision, and remember you can tune the FNX to your grip by changing out the included backstraps.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I use a cross breed iwb holster for my m&p .45. Great holster. My purchase for the fnx will be a white hat holster. Almost the same holster, but with the white hat you buy one leather backing and extra mused parts are only $20. No more vying an $80 holster for each carry gun. I think the both make a holster for fnx and p-07. You should check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonduke714 View Post
    I use a cross breed iwb holster for my m&p .45. Great holster. My purchase for the fnx will be a white hat holster. Almost the same holster, but with the white hat you buy one leather backing and extra mused parts are only $20. No more vying an $80 holster for each carry gun. I think the both make a holster for fnx and p-07. You should check them out.
    Website?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Whitehathosters.com
    Crossbreedholsters.com
    Both are great products and have a lifetime warranty. I just like the versatility and customer service of white hat a little better. I think they both give bra discounts too.

I actually traded in a P-07 for an FNX-9 so I have quite a bit of experience with both (e.g., my FN has about 5000 rounds through it). Both are fine handguns. I liked everything about the P-07 except for one thing which unfortunately drove me nuts. The one thing was the thumb safety (as you know you can have either the thumb safety or the decocker, but not both, on the CZ. The FN has both.). To me it felt very "mushy". By this I mean it had no tactile/audible clue as to when the safety had been engaged or disengaged. You didn't hear or feel any "click". I often found myself looking to see if I had actually engaged the safety. This drove me crazy. (This may be a character flaw with me and not a flaw in the handgun.) On the FN I can both feel and hear the thumb safety being engaged/disengaged. I would have been completely satisfied with the CZ if it wasn't for that one thing. If this wouldn't bother you, then either is a fine choice IMO. They are very similar.

Other than the safety issue, was there anything performance wise or structure wise that separated the two? I'm trying to decide if there is any justification in spending the extra $100- $150 on the fnx.

Other than the safety issue, was there anything performance wise or structure wise that separated the two? I'm trying to decide if there is any justification in spending the extra $100- $150 on the fnx.
    I really like both of these handguns and I thought they feel/shoot pretty much the same. I think they are very close in performance, ergonomics, etc., so I really couldn't say definitely get brand A over brand B (unless you have the safety issue that I had). Try each if possible and see which feels better. You may want to check out the following forums if you haven't already:

FN Forum / FN Gun Forums and The Original CZ Forum - Index

Whitehathosters.com
    Crossbreedholsters.com
    Both are great products and have a lifetime warranty. I just like the versatility and customer service of white hat a little better. I think they both give bra discounts too.
    Wow! You gotta love auto correct. Just noticed this. I meant they both give nra discounts.

Ended up grabbing the fnx9. The guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Picked it up for $475 out the door. Think I could have gotten the p-07 for $425 or so, but with the fn I got an extra mag and both safety and decocker. Haven't shot it yet, but can't wait.

You did good. I just put another 100 rounds through my FNX-9 bringing the total up to a little over 5000. It's a nice shooter with light recoil. I've used it in 4 courses so far. Let us know what you think after you hit the range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links