DWF Classic Commander Bobtail

This is a discussion on DWF Classic Commander Bobtail within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently am in a deep state of lust for this gun. Has anyone fired one or own one? I have read several articles here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DWF Classic Commander Bobtail

DWF Classic Commander Bobtail

I currently am in a deep state of lust for this gun. Has anyone fired one or own one?
    I have read several articles here lately in gun magazines about it and I love the way it looks. Plus, most of the reviews I have read were very favorable. But, I would like to hear from a regular person who has fired one and not someone who is paid to review guns.

Thanks.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

CZ/DW C-Bob is a sweet gun. If I didn't have a Cusom Colt Bobbed already I'd buy the DW.

I have shot a friends DW C-Bob a few times and loved the gun, that is what got me into building my Colt. Well done firearm and the price is hard to beat for what you get. I know of no other commander out there for that price offering what the DW does. You simply can't go wrong with it. I like them even better now that they went back to the internal extractor! not that there was anything wrong with the external's, I just think they look even better now.

If you hold out for awhile they just might come out with the 10mm option again for it. Just food for thought!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    ...they are very sharp looking guns!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    The CZ/DW website seems to indicate that the 10mm option is already available. MSRP +$10 over .45ACP.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    Very nice look to em. Sorry I have not had the pleasure of firing or handling 1 (yet)
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The C Bob is also the next on my list of guns to buy. For the price you can't touch it. 10mm would be sweet as well.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I'm sitting here, typing out this response while I wait for my Hoppe's to work it's magic on the barrel of my Dan Wesson 1911 Commander Bobtail .45acp. It's a swell gun, I've never had it burp or a stoppage in 1500 rounds fired thru it. I bought mine at the local Gander Mountain, it was a gun that was listed as "Used" by the factory, but I couldn't tell it. I have put FMJ Ball, Lead Ball and Hollow Points through it with out any problems. CZ does some good work on these guns.

Here's a review on them:

http://www.gunblast.com/DanWesson-CommanderClassic.htm

Have a good day and good luck on getting one.

Jungle Work

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    The CZ/DW website seems to indicate that the 10mm option is already available. MSRP +$10 over .45ACP.
    Nice!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Work View Post
    I'm sitting here, typing out this response while I wait for my Hoppe's to work it's magic on the barrel of my Dan Wesson 1911 Commander Bobtail .45acp. It's a swell gun, I've never had it burp or a stoppage in 1500 rounds fired thru it. I bought mine at the local Gander Mountain, it was a gun that was listed as "Used" by the factory, but I couldn't tell it. I have put FMJ Ball, Lead Ball and Hollow Points through it with out any problems. CZ does some good work on these guns.

Here's a review on them:

http://www.gunblast.com/DanWesson-CommanderClassic.htm

Have a good day and good luck on getting one.

Jungle Work
    As far as I know CZ has basicly nothing to do with the actual work and leave DW to work there magic. CZ is there for marketing and backing as well as helping DW thrive again now that they own it.

Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Nice!

Ti
    Yep I just checked over at their website and it seems 10mm is now available. Man today I learned that the C-Bob is now in 10mm and has an internal extractor. Now I want one ven more.

The 10mm version is not just listed as available on the DW web-site; several local gun shops here in AZ have them in stock, so they are actually out there; going for about $899.00.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

I have one and love it. I shoot it as well as a 5", if not better. However I got a Smith & Wesson Scandium Commander, had it bobtailed and it puts the Dan Wesson to shame. Better reliability and considerably lighter. You can see it at www.ontargetcgw.com . select "1911 Gallery" and then "Smith & Wesson Bobtail."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I have a Dan Wesson CBOB in .45acp and so far I really love the gun. One of the things that sold me on it, aside from fit and finish, was the fact that it is a series 70 style gun, no goofy series 80 or Schwartz style firing pin safety. Mine has been reliable even though I had a few issues with the direction of the ejection. That was easily solved with a new firing pin stop (which took me about 15 minutes to install) and after about 600 rounds, the gun is working just great.

tegemu!

WOW! That is one sharp looking S&W you have there.

How much was the S&W originaly and how much to get the Bobtail done? Who did it?

I may have to transfer my gun lust to the S&W with a Bobtail job on it!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT-111 View Post
    tegemu!

WOW! That is one sharp looking S&W you have there.

How much was the S&W originaly and how much to get the Bobtail done? Who did it?

I may have to transfer my gun lust to the S&W with a Bobtail job on it!
    Mike, Jesse at Ontarget is a member here and has pricing guidelines on his site. I can't answer the question about the S&W, but the Bobtail job pricing is available at http://www.ontargetcgw.com/
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links