Question to J-frame pocket carriers - Page 3

Question to J-frame pocket carriers

This is a discussion on Question to J-frame pocket carriers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm 5'11" 250 lbs. and I carry a S&W 642 in a Remora pocket holster. There is a definite bulge, but it doesn't scream "GUN". ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question to J-frame pocket carriers

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I'm 5'11" 250 lbs. and I carry a S&W 642 in a Remora pocket holster. There is a definite bulge, but it doesn't scream "GUN". The gun disappears in the front pocket of cargo shorts, which is pretty much my summer uniform. In jeans, it still conceals very well.

Used to carry the 26 IWB but I find a J frame in the pocket holster is much more comfortable. I agree with several others that the pants with a good fit are the key. Just like you would try on a pair of pants to make sure the length is right, try them on with your CW to get a good feel for the fit.

My biggest reason for the change is the weight difference. My 442 is about 11 oz lighter. I feel naked without it and I wasn't disciplined enough to always carry the Glock. I know some may choose to carry a semi for the higher compactly but I hope 5 rounds would get me out of any situation that I might find myself in.

In pants pockets a De Santis Nemesis is available for my use with J-Frames or the Colt Detective Special.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I have owned a 642 for years but never really got along with it for pocket (pants) carry. Some pants worked ok, others, not so much. I was pretty much done with pocket carry. A kahr P380 landed in my lap about a month ago and I've carried it every day in everything from suit pants to 511s. I'm 6'2" - 200lbs btw.

I'm pretty much doomed never to be able to pocket carry, unless I choose to start wearing baggy gangsta' jeans. I have legs built like a horse and in straight cut jeans, which I prefer (and my wife especially), the pockets are just too tight. I have trouble getting my cell phone out of my pockets sometimes, and thats when my lifes not in danger...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links