Need help deciding on which SIG - Page 2

Need help deciding on which SIG

This is a discussion on Need help deciding on which SIG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; See if you can find a P228, best all around Sig IMHO....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Need help deciding on which SIG

See if you can find a P228, best all around Sig IMHO.
    United States Air Force Security Forces Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran, now a college student.

My advice would be to skip the P250 and get a P2022 which is a much more refined pistol at an excellent price. If you have the money the classic P Series is really hard to beat. I carry a P229 SCT quite a bit and have owned three other Sigs, a P239 in 9mm and two other P229's in .40. Excellent ergonomics, reliable, accurate and very good looking.
    357and40 likes this.

I really like the concept behind the P250 tho, the ability to go from FS to SC is nice. I would use the SC as EDC and FS when up north at my cabin (we have bears, wolves, and mt lions in area) and the 2Sum costs less than any of the other P series... but you get what you pay for usually. if I can find a nice used P226 or 229 I would jump all over that but if I'm buying new I think I'ma go with P250. The 2022 seems nice but i would like something in a higher caliber, I've only seen it in 9mm, does it come in .45?
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I have extensive trigger time on the P250 and I love it. The ergos for the gun are just amazing to me and is my favorite pistol to shoot hands down. I think the SIG classic P series are great weapons, however I hate DA/SA trigger systems. I've found working within LE and in the military using DA/SA trigger systems pose a greater training challenge than a P250 with a light smooth DAO trigger. The P250 has had some first generation set backs but seems to be running very smoothly right now. I have not had any problems with my with over 10k rounds through them. Truth be told that I don't think you will go wrong with any of the SIGs out there.

Of the 2022 and the 250 I would only have the 2022. But like most have said step up and get the P series. I have a P228 and I am angling for a P220. Its worth the extra money. You will probably get rid of your xd once you truly get in to the P series.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Buy the kind that says "M&P" on the slide!
    oneshot and Toorop like this.

VIP Member
    If you are limited to either the P250, or the 2022, I'd get the 2022.
    Much better pistol for around $50 more
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    I would love opinions of anyone withe P250 or other SIGs, Thanks in advance
    Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Of the 2022 and the 250 I would only have the 2022. But like most have said step up and get the P series. I have a P228 and I am angling for a P220. Its worth the extra money. You will probably get rid of your xd once you truly get in to the P series.
    I shot the P220 yesterday and man that is a nice gun... Don't think I can convince the wife any gun is worth the $800 price tag... I'm limited to about 4-5 hundred and even that was tough.... Maybe ill just have to start digging through the couch for spare change. lol

SIG P220ST

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I shot the P220 yesterday and man that is a nice gun... Don't think I can convince the wife any gun is worth the $800 price tag... I'm limited to about 4-5 hundred and even that was tough.... Maybe ill just have to start digging through the couch for spare change. lol

SIG P220ST

VIP Member
    Used CPO classic P-series Sigs can be found for (at least close to) that price range. They're worth the search.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I own a 2022 and it is an excellent gun, but my EDC is a Sig 250 subcompact 9mm. I also have a Subcompact 250 in 40 S&W and I carry the 9 and the 40 interchangeably. The other Sigs mentioned are very good guns, but rather large and heavy, including the 2022. I originally bought the 2022 for carry, but I only carried it for about two weeks, and then decided that I had better choices (lighter and smaller). I do love the 2022 but it has been remanded to range duty only.
    I had a Sig 239 in 40, but sold it because I found that it was too heavy for a gun only holding 9 rounds, and the shape was such, that it seemed the outline of the rear sight area always poked through my shirt while carrying IWB.

Getting back to the 250, the trigger is long but certainly not heavy...it is rather light and smooth as butter. Those that say the 2022 is a better gun.....why is it better? Most of the nay sayers do not own a 250, and probably never even handled one!
    skysoldier29 likes this.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I own a 2022 and it is an excellent gun, but my EDC is a Sig 250 subcompact 9mm. I also have a Subcompact 250 in 40 S&W and I carry the 9 and the 40 interchangeably. The other Sigs mentioned are very good guns, but rather large and heavy, including the 2022. I originally bought the 2022 for carry, but I only carried it for about two weeks, and then decided that I had better choices (lighter and smaller). I do love the 2022 but it has been remanded to range duty only.
    I had a Sig 239 in 40, but sold it because I found that it was too heavy for a gun only holding 9 rounds, and the shape was such, that it seemed the outline of the rear sight area always poked through my shirt while carrying IWB.

Getting back to the 250, the trigger is long but certainly not heavy...it is rather light and smooth as butter. Those that say the 2022 is a better gun.....why is it better? Most of the nay sayers do not own a 250, and probably never even handled one!
    I don't like people who make assumptions about a gun they likely have not shot. Most of the nay sayers base their assumptions the early failures of the gun and their own dislike fore a DAO trigger. Its a good gun which deserves consideration.

I just picked up a SIG P220ST .45 ACP for $550 at local Gander Mt. used. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, Pics to come Thursday when i pick it up.

SIG P220ST

I would look for a P228 if I could find a good deal. It is the perfect Sig in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links