Hi point c9

This is a discussion on Hi point c9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking about buying a hi point c9mm.....i would like to know what everyone thinks of this Handgun,,,,thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hi point c9

Hi point c9

I was thinking about buying a hi point c9mm.....i would like to know what everyone thinks of this Handgun,,,,thanks

2. Remove Ads

What is your intended use for it?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmb View Post
    I was thinking about buying a hi point c9mm.....i would like to know what everyone thinks of this Handgun,,,,thanks
    In think I'd go a couple extra months without internet to get something better.

Some carry, some target......their american made and have a unconditional lifetime warenty.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Your basically going to hear the same thing over and over about this gun, so here goes. For the price, it's a pretty decent gun. They generally work as advertised, and I hear relatively few people complain about them (respective of course to how they use them). That said, this is NOT the gun to bet your life on with, it is a lower quality firearm - as indicated by the price - and while there is nothing wrong with that, it is something to keep in mind.

If your looking for an acceptable 9mm on the lower end of the price range, try out the Bersa line of 9mm's, or possibly a Keltec. These guns have a price range of about 250-350 with Keltec being the cheaper. I would strongly recommend a look at the Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact in 9mm. Happy searching.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I have one for shooting in the backyard.. I have ran about 1500 rounds through it and had quite a few jams or stovepipes, very finicky on ammo. I am accurate with mine and have a great time shooting it but would not bet my life with the gun. For the money you can't go wrong. I got it brand new with an extra mag for $165, you will always be able to get most of your money back when you sell it.

Save more money and buy a better firearm. Never go cheap on something that you may have to use to protect your life.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Administrator
    "their american made and have a unconditional lifetime warenty."

Regarding the HiPoint Lifetime Warranty - That's because they know that your Lifetime won't be too long if you need it to defend yourself.
    guardmt, CVarner, gen3 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks_178 View Post
    I have one for shooting in the backyard.. I have ran about 1500 rounds through it and had quite a few jams or stovepipes, very finicky on ammo. I am accurate with mine and have a great time shooting it but would not bet my life with the gun. For the money you can't go wrong. I got it brand new with an extra mag for $165, you will always be able to get most of your money back when you sell it.
    Just curious... why would you not shoot your other guns in your backyard?

When you go to buy shoes, is the best all around shoe the flip-flop?
    Okemo, QKShooter, Rhcmlc and 1 others like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    When you go to buy shoes, is the best all around shoe the flip-flop?
    That's funny right there.

My vote would be buy it for plinking as a 'starter gun' but there are so many other low price entry guns that are sleaker and reportedly much more reliable weapons than the Hi Point line.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Waffle House robber that was shot and killed by a CCW'er carrying a Glock .45 was carrying a Hi-Point 9mm......sure it was not the fault of the Hi-Point,......but this is not the first time I've seen a Hi Pointer get smoked by a CCW'er carrying a Glock.....could be coincidence.....could be the CCW'er was a better shot.....could be the HiPoints just jam up at the sight of a Glock.

Good: Robber Waffle House shot dead by CCW permit holder.
    JustInCase likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

OK, here we go. I purchased a high point 45 acp for plinking, and found the gun to be so accurate and dependable, it sleeps in the night stand next to me. Has never had a hiccup, and the sights are easily picked up by the eye. I wish i could say the same for my Glock 30... it sleeps in the gun safe. Just Sayin. Let the flames begin. OP, i do trust it with my life, but would never carry it do to its size and weight. I carry J frame revolvers for that intended purpose. Good luck. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

We had one that stovepipe and all that. Sold it to a friend. He racked the slide and it locked back. Once the slide finally released days later a hook fell out of the gun, and it is inoperable. I don't know what he or the gun did, but I would want something less finicky and more robust.

that is funny....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    That's funny right there.

My vote would be buy it for plinking as a 'starter gun' but there are so many other low price entry guns that are sleaker and reportedly much more reliable weapons than the Hi Point line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links