Need a new carry weapon, suggestions please

This is a discussion on Need a new carry weapon, suggestions please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is what I already have: SP101 G19 PF9 So here's your shot, enthusiasts. Tell what I should get and why. Price limit would ideally ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need a new carry weapon, suggestions please

Question Need a new carry weapon, suggestions please

Here is what I already have:

SP101
    G19
    PF9

So here's your shot, enthusiasts. Tell what I should get and why.

Price limit would ideally be less than $800, but...I would be willing to go up to $1000, for the right Lady.

Please nothing odd or rare as I have to get it locally from 1 of 2 local gun stores.

Go.

2. Remove Ads

G26 and carry a G19 backup mag. Compatible platform is very nice to have. :-)

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles07 View Post
    Here is what I already have:

SP101
    G19
    PF9

So here's your shot, enthusiasts. Tell what I should get and why.

Price limit would ideally be less than $800, but...I would be willing to go up to $1000, for the right Lady.

Please nothing odd or rare as I have to get it locally from 1 of 2 local gun stores.

Go.
    This is like selling someone a pair of shoes. What fits you? What is comfortable to you? What shoe can you wear every day?
    What do you plan to do in those shoes?

Also, you have a couple of nice carry guns. Why need another? What changed?
    pfries likes this.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I can't see where you "need" a new carry weapon. Seems like you have a good variety for different situations. Perhaps an airweight S&W j-frame. Can't go wrong with one of those!!! And everyone should have one.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    This is like selling someone a pair of shoes. What fits you? What is comfortable to you? What shoe can you wear every day?
    What do you plan to do in those shoes?
    Have no fear.

I plan to write down everything that is suggested here, and if available at the stores, I will handle them all.

That said, though, I listed what I already have to not only avoid repeat suggestions but to also give people an idea of what I have already found comfortable.

I am looking at this as an excuse to spend most of the day..."shopping", not window shopping though. I plan to come home with a new acquisition.

What are the most important features you are looking for? Caliber? Size?

I guess it is always a personal choice but I haven't changed my two carry's in years and don't ever plan to unless they have a malfunction. Unless they can reduce the weight of my EDC by 1/2 I see no reason to.

M&P 40c, Its reliable and IMO the most gorgeous polymer gun money can buy.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    What are the most important features you are looking for? Caliber? Size?
    I will try not to ramble or write an excessively long post:

My 1st was the PF9.

I like the 9mm prices, the size of the weapon, and I am pleased with such accuracy from this little gem. This one gets to ride with me during very warm months.

#2 was the SP101.

My father had a GP100 that I loved to shoot, and the SP101 was a natural purchase for me. It splits its time with the next one...

#3 was the G19. When I worked for a county SD, the issue weapon was the G22. I loved the feel and sights of Glocks, so its 9mm sister was an easy purchase for me.

2 things I am interested in are .380s and 1911s. I am not only interested in these, just looking at possibly rounding out my circle of "friends.

I am serious about what I said above. I will inspect each and every one of the firearms mentioned here (if available).

Maybe something very small and light, like a LCP for pocket duty? For slightly larger, but heavier, there is the CM9. Still a bit larger...snubbie revolver - the LCR is nice.

A G26 to complement your G19 would be a good idea as well.

Or, get some training instead of a new gun.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

It sounds to me like you have the 'needs', but now you're working on the 'wants'...and there's nothing wrong with that.
    In 9mm there is the Glock-26, but a step up to the .45 could be secured with the Glock-36 or 30.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I see a void in your collection

Using my caliper, I have measured the void finding it to be .45"

The appropriate remedy to fill this void would be a mil-spec 1911 in either Colt or Springfield

Carry on gents, problem solved

Tally XD likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member
    M&P9c or 40c. Reliable, durable and with 3 easily changed back straps - custom fitted to the operator.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

My 1st was the PF9.

I like the 9mm prices, the size of the weapon, and I am pleased with such accuracy from this little gem. This one gets to ride with me during very warm months.

#2 was the SP101.

My father had a GP100 that I loved to shoot, and the SP101 was a natural purchase for me. It splits its time with the next one...

#3 was the G19. When I worked for a county SD, the issue weapon was the G22. I loved the feel and sights of Glocks, so its 9mm sister was an easy purchase for me.

2 things I am interested in are .380s and 1911s. I am not only interested in these, just looking at possibly rounding out my circle of "friends.

I am serious about what I said above. I will inspect each and every one of the firearms mentioned here (if available).

.380s and 1911s= Sig P238

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ol-pistol.html

Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

My 1st was the PF9.

#2 was the SP101.

2 things I am interested in are .380s and 1911s
    . I am not only interested in these, just looking at possibly rounding out my circle of "friends.

.380 to a 1911 is a huge difference in firepower. Go for the greater.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links