HELP!!! Trying to decide!!! 26's, 27's, Nano's, and P290s oh my!

This is a discussion on HELP!!! Trying to decide!!! 26's, 27's, Nano's, and P290s oh my! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by logan.hanes (the negative of these two is that they are a little wide (like my PX4) so I worry about concealment. Disclaimer ...

View Poll Results: You choose for me!

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beretta Nano

15 21.43%
  • Glock 26

37 52.86%
  • Glock 27

9 12.86%
  • Sig Sauer P290 Black Diamond Plate

9 12.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HELP!!! Trying to decide!!! 26's, 27's, Nano's, and P290s oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    (the negative of these two is that they are a little wide (like my PX4) so I worry about concealment.
    Disclaimer - I carry at between 3:30 and 4:00 so the results I talk about may only be valid for that position.

I would like to address this portion of your post directly. I used to feel exactly the same way. Concealment was (and still is) first and foremost in my mind. I've looked at various single stack pistols through out the years because I felt they would be easier to conceal then a double stack like a Glock or a M&P. Over the past couple years I have lost quite a bit of weight and really "got in shape". I' m 5'9, 170 pounds and around 9 percent body fat. When I first started getting in shape I thought it was going to cause major issues with concealment and in addition I REFUSE to compromise my wardrobe. I didn't get in shape to so that I could wear all my clothes to big. This will be my first spring/summer thin by the way. So this weekend I was cleaning out my closest of all my large and x-large spring summer clothes to take stock and figure out what I needed to to purchase. I had already done this with my winter clothesand purchased a new cool and cold weather wardrobe. When I was done and I had my list I decided to go do a bit of shopping.

The first place I went was Banana Republic. Now, if your not familiar with BR I'll tell ya... There's pretty much NOTHING in that store that isn't a modern/fitted cut when it comes to shirts. I grabbed a few v-necks t-shirt's in medium (that's my go to summer shirt) and hit the dressing room. I took my shirt off, put the new one on (never took my gun off) and looked in the mirror. I was amazed. I couldn't see the gun any more then I could in any of my other clothes. I twisted at the waist as far as I could both directions (which is usually the easiest way for me to MAKE a gun print) and again, no change. I got the slightest bit of a crease up my side caused by the handle (I think you all know the one I'm talking about) but I get the same crease even when wearing a extra large. It doesn't actually print. Hell, doesn't look like anything. Just look like my shirt moving. I've come to the conclusion that the width of the gun just isn't as important as I thought it was. That's not to say that it isn't a important attribute in a carry gun however in the grand scheme of things it's not themost important. IMO that honor goes to the length of the handle. When I got home I noticed a major difference (and I mean MAJOR) difference between my G26 and my G19 in the same shirt.

So, am I saying that a single stack compact is not more concealable then a single stack compact? No. What I'm saying is that a double stack compact probably isn't NEARLY as hard to conceal as you think it is depending on carry position.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

G26... it's about as uncomplicated as you can get, and you can use different mags on it. I concealed one all summer last year, IWB, no problem. Easier to stick to the same caliber. What I love about the Glock is how quickly it field-strips.

A_D
    I just bought a Nano, & LOVE IT! It has very positive sights and is VERY concealable! And, you don't need a screw driver to take it down. The bottom rim of a 9mm cartridge fits just right. It's the same size as a Kahr. If you don't have a summer ccw- I HIGHLY recommend this one! Hell, it's a swim suit ccw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Android using Tapatalk
    Idahokid likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

-Mark Twain

Of your choices I voted for the Glock 26. The Glock 26 and Glock 27 have the exact same dimensions, one is 9mm and one is 40sw. I own the G26 along with a lot of other handguns. It is one of my primary carry pistols.....the other is the Sig Sauer P220 Carry. To me, the Glock 26 (or G27) are one of the best all around pistols for protection. Why?

1) With the right ammunition, 9mm is a good defense round. I carry 124gr Speer Gold Dot in mine.
    2) The Glock 26 can be carried many ways. I carry mine aiwb in a tuckable leather Galco holster. Can also carry it aiwb in my Dale Fricke Archangel kydex holster. I also carry it in my pocket in a Desantis Nemisis holster. You can carry it in loose fitting jeans, but it really disappears in cargo shorts or Docker/dress slacks.
    3) If you want more firepower, you could go with the G27, but some folks are recoil sensitive and the 40 caliber has significantly more recoil than the 9mm.
    4) It is an accurate pistol....I shoot mine well out to 25 yards with no problem.
    5) You can carry a spare Glock 17 or 19 magazine as backup and really expand your capacity.
    6) For reliability, durability, ease of maintenance, you really can't beat the Glock. Sure, there are single stacks out there, but how many have the history of reliability and durability of the Glock? In my mind NONE.

I got it!!!!

Well hello!
    Those of you that voted and gave advise… THANK YOU!!! You have helped me make a very difficult decision! You will be proud to know I am a new Glock Junkie as I am the new owner of a Fourth Generation Glock 26. It feels good and fits great in my hand and I think it is going to be much easier to conceal than my PX4 Storm.
    See you on the Range.
    God made man……Sam Colt made them equal.

Beretta PX4 Carrier
    Fourth Gen Glock 26 Carrier

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I consider the G26 a nice blend [with out getting to caliber wars]for CC. I have one - its my only Glock and love it. .40 and .45 weigh a bit more and adds to the total weight of the pistol and limits, by only a couple, of rounds of ammo that of the .40 and larger. That being said, I do think Glock products are a bit over priced.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    G26!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    My personal opinion: Get the 26. I don't like the 27's recoil. The Nano is almost the same size as the 26, so the 26 is better. The Sig 290 looks great, but 6+1? + you can almost buy 2 Glocks.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Shoot them all and make a decesion based on how well you shoot them.. I have both sig and glock and they are my edc depends on where I'm going on which one I choose, the glock is over an half inch longer than the sig but has more 4 more shoots... I'm heading to gun show in town tomorrow to look for a sig p938... but love both...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I vote for the G27 for the reasons mentioned. Same size as the G26, with options of 9mm and .357 Sig with a $100 each barrel conversion. Iv'e heard the complaint about ejectors and 9mm out of the 27, but have yet to encounter a FTE with mine. It does'nt throw out the empties with as much gusto, for sure, but it has always ejected them Plus they are easier to find and reload since they are not thrown as far. That being said, I only use the 9mm for range use, just in case it ever does fail to eject. It is MUCH cheaper to practice with.
    If you are going to be using the 9mm round over the others for SD, either get the G26 or an appropriate ejector for the 9mm so you don't have that concern. JMO.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

If for pocket carry, Nano or Sig, If comfortable with doublestack, Glock 26.

I just got a Nano and love it.It's very accurate out of the box.It feels great in the hand.I have shot different types of ammo threw and had no problems.It has no buttons on the outside.Put in the magazine,rack the slide and start shooting.It'a as basic as it gets.As far as a slide release button,Its a none issue.You can use the casing if you have to.It's really a nice weapon.kel-tec guns look nice also.Take your time.It's what works for you.Your the one who has to shoot it.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Well hello!
    Those of you that voted and gave advise… THANK YOU!!! You have helped me make a very difficult decision! You will be proud to know I am a new Glock Junkie as I am the new owner of a Fourth Generation Glock 26. It feels good and fits great in my hand and I think it is going to be much easier to conceal than my PX4 Storm.
    See you on the Range.
    Congrats on the new baby Glock! You've made an excellent choice. Let us know how it's working out for you and maybe even a range report.
    Question Everything!

Good choice! Now for the holster choice. I can highly recommend Remora and the White Hat MaxTuck. If looking for leather, check out the many threads highly praising Brommeland
    MaxCon V. I have run over 400 rounds in my Gen4 since purchasing in Sept 2011. A joy to shoot.

I currently carry a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact in the 9mm version. With warmer weather around the corner, I will be forced into my normal summer getup… Cargo Shorts and a University of Kentucky t-shirt (GO CATS :D). That being said… I need something a little more concealable. I have narrowed it down to a few pistols:

Glock 26:
    The idea of having another 9mm is nice… no need to have multiple ammo.

Glock 27:
    A little more "bang" for my buck.
    (the negative of these two is that they are a little wide (like my PX4) so I worry about concealment.

Beretta Nano:
    Thinner gun, more concealable, and I love my current beretta, but the idea of not having a slide stop and having to use a screw driver to strip it, really turn me off.

Sig P290 Black Diamond Plate:
    Small, concealable and it looks bad to the bone…

I have shot the 26 and like the feel. I am a big boy so the thought of a little more kick does not scare me. Aside from that… I have no idea what to do now. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    Logan
    I carry a G27 or G23 regularly IWB/OWB depending on the days events. I have no trouble concealing them but I will tell you an extended range session with the G27 (over 100 rounds) takes a lot concentration. I have no problem with recoil either but you will be surprised at the difference between the 26 & 27 if you have not compared the two already.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links