Beretta Nano Update (1,300 rounds thru it)

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano Update (1,300 rounds thru it) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my Nano about a month and am very satisfied with it. In that time I have shot 153 rounds with no problems. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano Update (1,300 rounds thru it)

I have had my Nano about a month and am very satisfied with it. In that time I have shot 153 rounds with no problems. Not a single FTF, or FTE. SN NU0018XX
    The mix is:
    100 Monarch 115gr FMJ brass (cheap but shoots well)
    50 RWS 124gr brass (Swiss made, very clean)
    3 Speer Gold Dot 115gr GDHP (Pricey carry ammo)

The two holsters that I have for it clip-less Remora that conceals it very well in my right front pocket and is very comfortable. The holster stays in place, due to the material it is made from, when I pull the gun. The second is a Ka-Bar (knife maker) Fanny Pac available from Amazon. It has a built in adjustable web belt and is very comfortable worn in the front. It completely conceals the weapon even with the right hand zipper down for rapid access. There is also room for three additional magazines.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Here is an update to my previous posting:
    I went to an indoor range recently and found out that I couldn't use the RWS 124gr ammo that I brought because the bullet contains a small amount of steel. So, I bought a box of Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. I had my first 2 FTEs out of the 50. No more Blazer Brass for me. Shot 47 Winchester 124gr NATO rounds with no problem. Also shot 4 Speer Gold Dot 115 HP no problem.

Thanks for all the range reports, as all indications seem to point to this gun being rather reliable for a small gun.

I was looking into getting one of these, but after some trigger manipulation at my local shop, I decided against it.

Why?

This gun needs some serious trigger work before I'd consider owning one! It's got one of the mushiest triggers I've ever felt, and the weight of the pull seems to continually change as you pull it, especially from the reset.

Anyways, carry on.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Nano65 View Post
    Here is an update to my previous posting:
    I went to an indoor range recently and found out that I couldn't use the RWS 124gr ammo that I brought because the bullet contains a small amount of steel. So, I bought a box of Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. I had my first 2 FTEs out of the 50. No more Blazer Brass for me. Shot 47 Winchester 124gr NATO rounds with no problem. Also shot 4 Speer Gold Dot 115 HP no problem.
    My one and only FTE was with Blazer brass 115 also.American eagle 124 all the way.The 147 works well also.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Thanks for all the range reports, as all indications seem to point to this gun being rather reliable for a small gun.

I was looking into getting one of these, but after some trigger manipulation at my local shop, I decided against it.

Why?

This gun needs some serious trigger work before I'd consider owning one! It's got one of the mushiest triggers I've ever felt, and the weight of the pull seems to continually change as you pull it, especially from the reset.

Anyways, carry on.
    The trigger on mine feels like a double action trigger.That's what I like about it.Like most things in life,You adjust.I adjust to every gun I own.Rifles included.
    marko54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Idahokid View Post
    The trigger on mine feels like a double action trigger.That's what I like about it.Like most things in life,You adjust.I adjust to every gun I own.Rifles included.
    Yes, they were meant to imitate Glock triggers which are technically like a double action trigger, but the Nano trigger pull isn't consistent in any way, shape or form. It constantly changes, which makes getting used to it very difficult.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

My one and only FTE was with Blazer brass 115 also.American eagle 124 all the way.The 147 works well also.
    Here is my total so far. I bought 2 more boxes of Academy Monarch 115gr brass to take to the range because they worked so well before. I'll let you know how they perform.

100 Monarch 115gr brass
    50 RWS 124gr brass
    7 Speer Gold Dot 115gr GDHP
    47 Winchester 124gr NATO brass
    50 Blazer 115gr brass (2 FTE)

Just got back from the range with my Nano. I shot 100 Academy Monarch 115gr FMJ brass (made in Serbia) no problem. Also shot 50 RWS 124gr FMJ no problem. I have come to the conclusion that the Monarch 115gr brass is one of the best cheap ($11/50) rounds for range practice. I'm going to try Winchester 124gr NATO next. I have still only had 2 FTEs and that was with Blazer Brass 115gr. What a great little gun!

My totals:

200 Monarch 115gr brass

100 RWS 124gr brass

8 Speer Gold Dot 115gr GDHP

47 Winchester 124gr NATO brass

50 Blazer 115gr brass (2 FTE)

I went to the range last Sunday and put 250 more rounds of WWB 124gr NATO.
    No problems to report I got 2,370 rounds thru the NANO now. (mostly 124gr haven't tried a lot of 115gr)

I also got another holster a hybrid holster from TheisHolsters.... I still like the N82Tactical no problems with that one .. but I'm used to the hybrid style (two clips) holster...

Here are some pics of the new holster:

Another one....

The only other thing I'm waiting is for Beretta to start selling the extended mags but that's it .. I'm a happy camper, great little gun... I might even consider getting it in 40 when it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by kal0 View Post
    Notice that now I also have some Handall Jr. Hogue Pocket-Size sleeves on the grip. It feels great and it helps me to maintain the grip when doing rapid fire, etc also when shooting with one hand…. I recommended it!
    Just curious.... did you have to trim the Hogue sleeve or did it fit fine the way it came?

Thanks for posting the pictures. I am thinking of ordering that n82tactical holster also.

I have the same Hogue sleeve and I used a pair of scissors once it was on the gun.

At ka10.You really been shooting the heck out of your Nano.There fun to shoot.

I have the same Hogue sleeve and I used a pair of scissors once it was on the gun.
    Okay, thanks.

At ka10.You really been shooting the heck out of your Nano.There fun to shoot.
    lol yeah I been shooting it weekly ... but I'm slowing down now... given that it was a brand new pistol and I was planning to replace my current CCW, I wanted to make sure that it was reliable gun and more importantly that I was ok with the Double Action trigger... obviously, I knew it was a fine gun at 500 rds mark and I'm still surprised with the accuracy of this little gun at 10-12 yards and less.. I really like it and highly recommend it... like you can tell

Quote Originally Posted by IsItMeOrWhat View Post
    Okay, thanks.
    Yeah like Idahokid mention +1 ... just cut it once its on...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links