The wife said OK!!!!

The wife said OK!!!!

This is a discussion on The wife said OK!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I have litterally been drooling over the bowie tactical website for a couple of months now. Well finally between income tax return, a bonus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The wife said OK!!!!

The wife said OK!!!!

Well I have litterally been drooling over the bowie tactical website for a couple of months now. Well finally between income tax return, a bonus and an awesome paycheck it looks like the funds are on the way to finally afford a bowie tactical M&P9c with all the bells and whistles (including a Leopold deltapoint). I'm so excited but I need everyone from DC to help me will this one into reality. All the funds will be arriving over the next month. If all goes according to plan it will look alot like this minus the lasergrips:
    mpc.jpg

Administrator
    He makes some cool stuff. I must admit I was a little skeptical with the red dot thing, but I tried one of his G19's out and was impressed. I'm still not convinced I'd want it for carry, but it was an awesome shooter.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Wow you got a cool wife. Mine was mad this weekend when I came home with a new Jframe that didn't even cost me anything. I traded even up for a extra Glock I had.

I know what you mean but as I build my own holsters I know I can put something together to make it work...i tried a 1911 with a red dot years ago and was blown away by the drop in split times. The deltapoint has a much bigger window, so it should be nice and easy to pick up the retical. I'm so excited!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

I love the looks of his stuff, I too would be skeptical of the red dot for carry just because I would think it too bulky to not print badly under my clothing.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

That’s a nice rig. I know that the idea of red-dot system on an EDC pistol seems far-fetched to some, but I think there is a good chance that it may become the norm with time. Although it adds size, it doesn’t add size to a significant part of the gun in my opinion.

Carrying appendix-IWB I would much rather add a red-dot sight than a grip extension.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Awesome that you have a wonderful wife to support you. As for the gun, the standard M&P9c is good enough.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

After 39 years of marriage I have convinced my wife that I need guns for every time of day and season. Some are good for night, some for day. Some are best in summer with light clothers and some better under a jacket. Some are fun to shoot, some are just for carry. Some fit in my pocket, some are only good to carry on a belt. Some use cheap ammo which saves us money while others use expensive ammo. Some carry more bullets so offer more protection in bad parts of town. Some use bigger bullets which are more likely to stop an attacker. She is at the point where I woke up last week and told her I dreamt about a new rifle and she just told me to buy it as she did not want to hear me moaning about it all week. :)
    RETSUPT99 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Sweet!!!

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new soon to be addition! Can't wait to hear about inevitable evaluations that are sure to follow. ;-)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    M&P+Customization=LOVE
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

GM
    That is nice! He does a very good job!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    WOW ... nice wife !!! Does she have a single sister

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    WOW ... nice wife !!! Does she have a single sister
    No sisters and trust me this took alot of talking! She doesn't understand but she's humoring me, more to get me to shut up about than anything I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links