Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto?? - Page 2

Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

This is a discussion on Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The LCP is perfect for pocket carry, reliable, and pretty darn accurate for a point & shoot gun....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

The LCP is perfect for pocket carry, reliable, and pretty darn accurate for a point & shoot gun.

sig p238 in pocket all day at work imho best .380 on the market
    IsThisVegas and Rhcmlc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    single Stack and request something in a 9mm to not have yet another ammo to buy.....what would be good pocket carry??

Todd
    of course you can pocket carry an LCP or 3AT, that's a no brainer. But since you asked for your 9mm options, here is one that I have had the best success at pocket carry. Keltec PF-9 in the front pocket of Wranger Carpenter Jeans. Pockets are a bit too small for really good carry, but took this pic just for the hey of it to show that carrying two 9mm PF-9's, it can be done. I usually carry in cargo shorts with much larger pockets where I have zero issues. Tightly tailored dress pants are a real challenge no matter what you carry.

PF-9 in both front pockets.......
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I like the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 in a Mika holster. It fits my hand better than the LCP and I like the laser option. Have found it to be reliable and accurate.
    FAST454 likes this.

My opinion - you've got to stick it in your waist if you really want to hide it. Have carried a Kahr PM9 for 3 very hot summers wearing only shorts and flimsy (I mean flimsy) t-shirts. But I'm skinny and the t-shirt drapes over my waistline. Might be a bit harder hide if you got a dunlap thing going on.... I actually have to pat myself down a couple of times a day to make sure it's there or I didn't forget it. But of course your shirt needs to be out all the time.

Also - much easier to access from seated position. If I'm sitting in my car at a stoplight, I'd never get a gun out of my pocket in time of emergency.

In addition, I own a Kel-Tec P3AT and a Kahr P380. Both are great pocket carries when I dress up a bit and have my shirt tucked in and usually with looser-fitting dress pants. Never know when you might have to draw down on a dude at a funeral. The little 380s you can also stick in your sock when wearing long pants.

Diamondback has come out with a tiny 9mm, but from following it on their forum, some issues to be worked out yet.

I wouldn't carry any of those pea shooter 380's.......

To me, the Glock 26/27 are ideal carry pistols. It's easy to iwb in a tuckable holster and they become invisible. If you want to pocket carry.....they work to. I carry my 26 in the pocket all the time (in a Desantis Nemesis holster). In slacks, Dockers or cargo shots it will just disappear. Now it is not an "airweight" pistol, but if you get a decent leather belt it works fine. Remember, there is a trade-off between weight and shootiblility...... The Glock is also very reliable (important for self defense applications).

i MEAN my sr9c is pretty descrete for the passer by just fine. but when you bend over a bit of a butt of the handle sticks out and again..my people are WAY nosy..they notice if you get a hair cut a new shirt anything..........

I was thinking the name in a keltec 9 or a kahr 9....will have to check out the too. I will have to shop around....dont want to go with a .380. want to stick in the 9;s if I can. I will have to try them. Thanks all.

I can pick up a keltec for pretty decent money too.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Folks are different, so are clothes, and "pocket" pistols. And, everybody has their own approach to putting together their system. A lot depends on how you need to dress for work, obviously. If you can wear cargo pants, you win. If you wear a coat and tie, not so much. Of course, cold weather does help, some. I have to wear coat & tie; not many 9s pocket carry in that rig. Do you have to work in close confines with people? That makes CC even more difficult. I wish there was a simple answer to this, but there isn't. You just have to experiment until you find something that works for you. With the exception of some "oversized" kahkis, my CM9 just is not a pocket carry.
    NRA Lifer Since 1971

Looking forward to your choice..never pants pocket carried, have thrown a J-frame or a Beretta 22LR Jetfire in a field jacket pocket in the past.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    I have a Ruger sr9c that I love. but people at work nosy and WILL notice it working with them all day. So I end up only carrying on the weekends or left to gun in car which I dont care for. Even with vault.

What EDC could be pocket carry? about 5 10 and 200lbs?

ruger lcp? kahr or what. Thinking I need something smaller for EDC that is single Stack and request something in a 9mm to not have yet another ammo to guy.....what would be good pocket carry??

Its my only option I think.

Todd
    I'm exactly your size. I carry both an LCP and a Kahr CM9 very comfortably.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    It does depend on your clothing,the pocket size and cut. I did carry a 130z pf-9 for 2 1/2 years and now a cm9 kahr . The cw9 is just a bit to large . I don't like the micro 380's, for me i can not quickly get a controled grip on them. Just to small. I can do way better with a sub sized 9mm.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    2wheelGnnr

How are you set up for carry gear?

I'm wondering if it's either your gear or, alternatively, your clothing that's giving it away.

I'm definitely not begrudging you for it. I'm one of those people who also cannot "dress to the gun," but I've chosen my carry gear and how I carry so that I can carry what I want, and not have anyone knowing.

Before you go off looking for a smaller gun - which will carry with it the compromises of capacity as well as "shoot-ability," be sure you've reached the end of what's possible, in terms of how you carry and conceal your current piece.

Also, figure out exactly what it is that's your "tell."

A pocket pistol will still leave you with a new bulge in your pants that the more inquisitive in your office may well ask you about: what are you going to pull out of your pocket, to explain to these busy-bodies, if they ask?

You may also need to look into alternative deep-concealment ideas: SmartCarry, Thunderwear, 3SpeedHolster, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianRx74 View Post
    I picked up a Kahr CM9 a couple months ago and love it. I have a DeSantis pocket holster for it that works nice. I also like the CM9 in my smart carry at work.
    +1 same here... Hard to beat this little pocket auto. On the cusp of being to big, but it's doable IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I work with my brothers everyday and they have no idea that I am carrying my Glock 26 in a smartcarry. sometimes my shirt gets dirty and have no problems stripping off my shirt and putting on a new one.No clue whatsoever.

My friend has a Diamondback DB9 with a really nice pocket holster.
    image-keltec-212x159.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links