Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto?? - Page 3

Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

This is a discussion on Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LCP for the win!!!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

LCP for the win!!!

Bought the LC9 several weeks ago and I love it! It's is very easy to carry iwb for me (woman), and many men can pocket carry it since men's pockets are usually larger than women's. I couldn't decide between the LC9 and the LCP. I test fired both and was more accurate with the 9 and it felt more secure on my hands. I also liked the lower cost of the 9mm ammo vs the 380. 380 is 1.5 times more expensive. I still plan on getting a LCP as a bug, but the LC9 is super comfortable and light for EDC.

My vote is the pocket 380, cause it is truly a pocket gun, if you only have to buy two kinds of ammo, consider yourself blessed...... I carry a minimum of 4 calibers of ammo when i go outside to shoot.....so ammo should not play a factor, and it is not like the pocket pistol is going to be a range gun, just shoot it often enough to stay comfortable with it.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Glock 26.

It is not single stack, but it's as thin as some of them. I like it beause at the range it feels like a larger gun, and it shoots like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin.
    Just noticed that your quote isn't actually a Ben Franklin quote... based on the phrasing it can't be pre 2000

How do you currently carry your Ruger? If you like C&L then might I echo the suggestion of the small Sigs, the p238 or even the 9mm p938. The 9 is a little unproven, but promising. But if you prefer a DA then there are lots of options. The P290 seems reliable (I don't have one though, just basing that on what I've heard) and is very concealable.

Having said that, I'd also echo the sentiments of those who suggest working on your concealment to carry something larger. I carry a semi-compact .45 every day and have never been 'made.' I carry it in a low-riding Desantis and unless someone were to actually touch it, they'd never know it was there. If your office/work environment is such that your receive frequent hugs or other touching, then I'm jealous, and would concede that you need something for pocket carry.

LCPs are amazing so if you decide to go that way, I think you'll be happy.

S&W Bodyguard .380 Just can't beat it.
    FAST454 and wncgarrett like this.
    One more step and it's on!

Re: Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

And another vote for the lcp, just hard to beat for discreet carry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

S&W Bodyguard for me as well. I carry in my back pocket in a superfly holster, looks just like a wallet.
    BTW hello everyone my first post here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links