Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

This is a discussion on Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Ruger sr9c that I love. but people at work nosy and WILL notice it working with them all day. So I end ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

Pocket carry and dont like a wheel gun....what semi auto??

I have a Ruger sr9c that I love. but people at work nosy and WILL notice it working with them all day. So I end up only carrying on the weekends or left to gun in car which I dont care for. Even with vault.

What EDC could be pocket carry? about 5 10 and 200lbs?

ruger lcp? kahr or what. Thinking I need something smaller for EDC that is single Stack and request something in a 9mm to not have yet another ammo to guy.....what would be good pocket carry??

Its my only option I think.

Todd
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

2. Remove Ads

I picked up a Kahr CM9 a couple months ago and love it. I have a DeSantis pocket holster for it that works nice. I also like the CM9 in my smart carry at work.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

I have the Ruger LCP 380 which is really quite light and easy to carry.
    Last edited by Redline; January 23rd, 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Missing letter
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

I have a Ruger LCP for this very reason. I looked at an LC9 for the more potent caliber. I asked the salesman at my LGS if I could slip it in my pocket because I was looking for something to pocket carry. The LC9 and similar sized guns may fit in your pocket but may be a little too large for that depending on the pants you wear. I have carried an LCP in my front pocket for some time now and nobody knows. With a pocket holster, it looks like a wallet in my pocket, not a pistol. IMO I think some of the pocket 9's are pushing the boundaries of pocket carry. All I'm saying is try it in your pocket before you buy.
    Redline and JerryMac like this.

The Kahr PM9/CM9 is probably as large as you can go, discretely. There are several pocket holsters out there with an anti-print panel, which make it look like a wallet or smartphone in your pocket. That said, in some of my pockets, the grip can sort of peek out - I took a few pairs of pants to a tailor just today, to deepen my right pocket an inch or so, to deal with this issue.

The .380 Ruger LCP, in contrast, will fit in any pair of men's pants pockets that I've ever tried.

ETA - You can try the Smartcarry holster as well. It would allow you to carry your current pistol in complete "stealth mode."
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by BrianRx74 View Post
    I picked up a Kahr CM9 a couple months ago and love it. I have a DeSantis pocket holster for it that works nice. I also like the CM9 in my smart carry at work.

THIS!!!

I have a NAA Guardian 380......tried to pocket carry.......it pulled my pants down.
    afojc and Randall757 like this.

How big are your pockets? I can pocket my G26 in cargo shorts and cargo pants, no problem at work. Don't know what your dress code at work is or what you do? I also have an LCP when I can't carry my G26. I'm looking into a PF9. Was thinking of a CM9 but after a visit to the Kahr forum I don't think so. And the new beretta nano is a no-no, as the new kid on the shelf, the beretta forum isn't giving it a warm welcome. If you can deal with all the California safety issues on the Ruger LC9 that could work for you. I just can warm up to it, it has too many doodads for me! The G26 is smaller then your SR9c that's why I got it.

Go to KahrTalk Home and visit the CM/PM forum thread to check on the Kahr CM9 and PM9, and KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum and visit the PF9 and P11 thread to check on the Kel-Tec PF9 and P11. Also how much can you afford to spend? The Kel-Tec's are about $240 to $275, the Kahr's are $200 to $300 more, and a Ruger LC9 cost about $350. If you order on line there will be an additional FFL transfer fee and it depends on what your local gun stores charge for that and a background check fee too. It can all add up. If you can go to a gun show you can check almost all of them there side-by-side and decide what fits YOU best. And you'll probably get the best price there too.

I have the S&W Bodyguard.

The laser is crap, but the little gun feels good in the hand and is surprisingly accurate.

LCP or LC9
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    As has been said, the 14 oz Kahr PM9 or CM9, Ruger LC9, Kel-Tec PF-9 are options, but you may have to settle for an 8 oz. 380 like the Kel-Tec P3-AT or Ruger LCP to fit comfortably in a pocket at work. The Guardian 380 weighs 16 oz. My Rohrbaugh R9 weighs 13 oz and is one of the smallest 9's out there.

OTH, if a tuckable IWB, belly band, or Smartcarry can hide my 45 in a dress shirt, anything's possible.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

LCP 380 for most the LC9 would be a bit to big here is all three in a row Sr9C,LC9 and LCPruger (2).JPG

A_D
    Berretta Nano IWB everyday. My equally nosey coworkers never notice. 6+1 9mm (High Noon Holsters Split Decision- appendix carry.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Android using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

-Mark Twain

VIP Member
    I think if you are going to go with pocket carry, you will need to stick with the LCP or kel tec's P3AT.
    I have a K Tec P11, and the only way I can pocket carry in the Desantis Nemesis holster I have for it is in Cargo pants
    No way they would go in a pair of dress pants or jeans, unless they are really baggy.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    For pocket carry, small size and lightness, in a quality pistol, it's hard to beat a Seecamp, that is if you want to go that small.
    Randall757 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links