Messed up Colt Commando 38 spl

This is a discussion on Messed up Colt Commando 38 spl within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When you guys are carrying in conditions where your guns are subjected to high humidity/sweat etc make sure you strip and clean your guns,it doesn't ...

Thread: Messed up Colt Commando 38 spl

Messed up Colt Commando 38 spl

When you guys are carrying in conditions where your guns are subjected to high humidity/sweat etc make sure you strip and clean your guns,it doesn't take long.
    This particular gun a Colt Commando 38 spl was left in a gun rug type pistol case,the material type case had absorbed moisture and one day the guy pulled it out to shoot it and it had moderate surface rust etc.,The worst part is the cylinder release is rusted tight and the cylinder cannot be upened,it was loaded but the rounds were fired,so basically the gun fires fine,except now I'm spraying rust dissolving spray on the cylinder release every hour or so,until I can work it loose.
    In the past I had the hammer pin on a 1911 start rusting from body sweat and didn't see it until I removed the ambi-safety.if you sweat it doesn't hurt to wipe your gun down daily including removing the grips,it can rust under the grips before you realise it
    (This gun is no longer made and If I'm correct has the same internals that a Colt Python does,so it's really a shame it happened)
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    These are fantastic for storing guns. Rust Blox Vapor Tabs

RUST-BLOX VAPOR TABS - Brownells

Place handgun and Vapor Tabs into Zip Loc Bag.

Links