The Glock Gen 4; 1st impressions; video of what's different inside and out...

This is a discussion on The Glock Gen 4; 1st impressions; video of what's different inside and out... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some may be shocked to hear I've bought a gen 4 Glock, and if that doesn't do it, I got a .40 S&W But I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tangle

Thread: The Glock Gen 4; 1st impressions; video of what's different inside and out...

Senior Moderator

The Glock Gen 4; 1st impressions; video of what's different inside and out...

Some may be shocked to hear I've bought a gen 4 Glock, and if that doesn't do it, I got a .40 S&W But I really had no choice this time, the story goes like this:

Thursday I came home and was in bed by 8:00pm, running a fever. Friday morning I called in sick; I was still in bed, still running a fever. I was in bed all day Friday and Friday night. By Saturday morning the fever was gone, but I hadn't eaten since Thursday and had no appetite. I knew I had to do something to shake the rest of this bug off. So I drug myself out to the car determined to get some relief. I pulled in a Shooter's Depot and went in to look at a G22 Gen 4. They had one, I bought it. I felt some better. I ran 100 rounds through it without a issue, as you will see from the video. I felt even better.

Well, you may laugh at my methods, but that worked better than all the cold and flu remedies I'd tried.

In the afternoon the fever returned and I laid low and took it easy the rest of the weekend. I'm still not over this thing. Don't know if another gun would help or not. Anyway here's my first impressions of the G22 Gen 4: I LIKE IT!

There are three reasons it appeals to me: the smaller grip, the grip texture, and a biggy to me, the reversible mag release. I've grown to love the mag release on the right - all my Sigs are set up that way.

I was a bit surprised by the recoil of the .40 S&W. Quite manageable, but it has been a while since I've shot a .40 and it surprised me how much more recoil there was over a 9mm.

I can't post my targets as I usually do - my eyes were swollen just enough to push my focus off the front sight, and although I didn't do poorly, it didn't reflect what the gun could really do. On to the video:

Of course it remains to be seen if the Gen 4 will prove as reliable and dependable as the Gen 3s. I hope so, I like this one!
    OD* likes this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    tangle no video on the link.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    tangle no video on the link.
    Thanks! Fixed it!

Ahhh shoot! I left an important comment out of the video. The reason the trigger pull felt so heavy is because Glock started out with standard 5.5 connectors in the gen 4s and then changed to the 'dot' versions. I'll have to fix that and re-upload.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

OD*
    Excellent, Tangle, a very informative and helpful video.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Nice comparison... thanks for the vid very useful

Links