A lesson in shot placement. - Page 2

A lesson in shot placement.

This is a discussion on A lesson in shot placement. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by High Altitude With out more precise information (brand/type of ammunition used, firearms used, where exactly the bullets hit, what type if any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A lesson in shot placement.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    With out more precise information (brand/type of ammunition used, firearms used, where exactly the bullets hit, what type if any of soft or [B]hard barriers needed to penetrate etc... ) it isn't that useful other than someone can shoot you multiple times and you can still live, which has been proven over and over from just about every type of service pistol round out there.
    "A lesson in shot placement" is my only point, and I posted this example only to serve as a reminder the importance of shot placement. Surviving twelve 9mm holes in one's body is impressive though, as is Gabrielle Gifford surviving one shot to the head. As you mention it would be interesting to learn more about the technical details of the victims injury, but this info is all I have.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Moderator
    We had four officers fire over 50, .45 ACP rounds, close range, at an armed threat. I think he was hit something like 20 times before the officers were convinced he was down.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

I was taught by a hardened Vietnam war vet to start shooting at the pelvis, and my follow up shots will move upward to the chest. He said he saw more people fold to the ground from pelvis shots than shots to the chest. When i practice, i do aim for center of mass in the chest, but i can see where his so called logic comes from. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    I was taught by a hardened Vietnam war vet to start shooting at the pelvis, and my follow up shots will move upward to the chest. He said he saw more people fold to the ground from pelvis shots than shots to the chest.
    One would have to wonder how many people he saw shot with handguns as opposed to rifles/carbines.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

I have to agree with you.. Shot placement, is the key..
    After that I’d consider what kind of ammo.
    And what kind of “drugs” this guy was on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links