NEEDING HELP!!!! G19 or the XDm 9mm 3.8

This is a discussion on NEEDING HELP!!!! G19 or the XDm 9mm 3.8 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; G19=33+1 9x19,the math is very simple. Originally Posted by All_Business xdm 3.8=19+1 9x19, the math is simple....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: NEEDING HELP!!!! G19 or the XDm 9mm 3.8

G19=33+1 9x19,the math is very simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Business View Post
    xdm 3.8=19+1 9x19, the math is simple.
    joker1 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    G19=33+1 9x19,the math is very simple.
    Bazinga!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Generation 3 GLOCK 19. EDC, HD, Range, Competition, Fun, it's the perfect 9x19 pistol.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by R.C.BG.380 View Post
    Im new to this jus wanting some feedback on these two guns. I have had a chance to shoot the hell outta the 19(which I like). but with the XDm comming out I'm not sure what to get. I ave held the xdm at a gun show I like the way it griped but when the metal meets the meat I want the better gun on my side.
    Well....I've had some friends fall for the XD pistols. I've tried them out. Bore is too high from grip, etc..... Marketing good for the XD. But they have a long row to hoe to even compare to Glock. I try to leave out my Glock knowledge when I post about someone's decision as to what's the best. In reality the best pistol is the one you can shoot with and hit with, and take down the person intent on ending your life before they do just that. It's not impressing your friends, it's not what's the best buy. Your pistol is your tool. The better "gun" (gun.....not my terms exactly)....? The best pistol is gonna be the one you live with. If you knew what I knew about Glock, you'd know it's plain and simple survival tool. Springfield can't do the test of time and environment like Glock, but they can sure sell a marketing scheme. Then again...there are those who just don't like Glocks and that's where Springfield found a niche. Sometimes you have to dig deep to get the top dog's bone. Even the best have their flaws. Think of your choice in pistols like you would your choice in the upcoming election........nobody worth a damn but you have to pick. Think of the best as an extra 24 hours you won't have to spend in hell. Glock's going down with me. I always knew it would. Many never get to the point of knowing what they'll die with. Those that do have an easy path, just await the time......but prepared nonetheless.
    shooterX likes this.

Whatever feels good in your hand. I found both to be reliable, its based on the shooter. I own the XDm 9mm, the M&P 9c (excellent for EDC & conciliable), and I'm purchasing the G19 soon as I get enough $$$$$. It does NOT hurt to have several different carries if you can afford it!!!
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

...of your picks, the Glock-19 for two reasons.

The Glock-19 is the perfect 9mm firearm.

Never buy a new gun until it's been out a year...let others find the problems.OMOYMV
    Toorop likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A_D
    XDm 3.8! It will always be the apple of my eye! You will LOVE this gun! My buddy has a G19, and I just don't feel the same about it. Mine aims and feels 100% better imo. Plus, the higher capacity is awesome. Springfield makes a phenomenal gun.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

-Mark Twain

I've helped a few people decide on which gun to get for concealed carry, and the first of a couple things I always tell them is that you have to be comfortable shooting it and carrying it. You need to be able to try shooting a gun before you can really consider it. That being said, I have a gen 4 G19. the most recently manufactured ones have recoil spring assemblies that actually work (unlike the original gen4) the thing to look at if you get one is the extractor. Glock recently switched from machined extractors to poured ones and some of them are faulty, Its an easy part to replace if necessary and you can shoot with the faulty one if you have to wait for a new one to be ordered (it will just stovepipe more often and throw brass at your face) (don't bother sending it back because that will take a month or two)

Neither. Buy a m&p 9c. 12+1 and doesn't look like a laser tag gun (Springer)

mel
    Glock has never failed me yet. Reliability is crucial.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Both are great guns the XDM is a little longer at 7" the Glock comes in at 6.85 inches if you want concealablilty go with a Glock sub compact G26 at 6 !/4 inches long

I own the Glock 19, I also own the SA XDm 4.5" (9mm)-have shot the XDm 3.8 in 9mm a ton. My thoughts fall like this for the easier to conceal and my own perception more reliable I will take the G19. On the other hand, the XDm has much better ergonomics, is more accurate in my hand due to feeling better in my hand, recoil is less IMO, higher capacity

Which would I take between the two? The XDm for completion (in any length) and the Glock if my life depended on it. Both are outstanding.

Thanks everyone for your help Ima go pick up my new gen 3 G19 soon. It has been a well fought battle between the XDm guys an the GLOCK Army. I think that if that many ppl have it hard up for GLOCK then I cant go wrong(plus I have shot the hell outta it an love it).

Congrats!!!!! Now go shoot the snot out of it!!!!

Sponsor
    I purchased an XDm 4.5" barrel when they first came out. The gun was very reliable. A few years later I purchased a Glock 32 for concealed carry, I loved it and got so used to the feel of it that I didn't like shooting my Xdm. I sold the XDm for a Glock 17. I feel like it was a significant upgrade for me. It feels better, I trust it more, and no backstrap safety. (plus the mags are compatible with my Kel-Tec sub 2000) .

I think both would serve you well, but personally I prefer glocks to XDm's.

Just my opinion, Good luck!
    Clay

when you do get it, check out SHTF Gear LLC for a concealed carry holster
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links