Kahr CM9 or Ruger LC9?

Kahr CM9 or Ruger LC9?

This is a discussion on Kahr CM9 or Ruger LC9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to purchase a Kahr CM9 vs the Ruger. I don't like the LCI or the Mag lock on the Ruger. Which would you ...

View Poll Results: Kahr CM9 or Ruger LC9

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kahr CM9

60 73.17%
  • Ruger LC9

22 26.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kahr CM9 or Ruger LC9?

Kahr CM9 or Ruger LC9?

I want to purchase a Kahr CM9 vs the Ruger. I don't like the LCI or the Mag lock on the Ruger. Which would you purchase of these two.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Sounds like you've answered your own question. Kahr! I have a Kahr PM9 and love it. Ruger makes a very good gun tho.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I was in the same boat as you last week. I ended up purchasing the CM9. I shot both guns before I purchased the Kahr because it felt more comfortable in my hand and shot real accurate. The Ruger is just as nice and just as accurate but felt the CM9 had less edges to get caught on in the case you needed to draw it quickly in case of an emergency. But you can't beat the price tag of the LC9 either.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    CM9 without a doubt, if I didn't already have a PM9 and MK9 I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

What's a LCI.....

Loaded Chamber Indicator... These acronyms can be hard to keep up with.
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; January 24th, 2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Love my CM9. I ran the initial 200 rounds through it and has been flawless.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

If you like your LCP, the LC9 is like an LCP on steroids. Nice little package despite the safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    If you like your LCP, the LC9 is like an LCP on steroids. Nice little package despite the safeties.
    I do like the LCP that is why all the second quessing. I don't have my mind made up 100% since I did not spend any $ yet.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Before I answer I will say I like Rugers. Primary carry is an sr9c and BUG is an LCP. That being said...i purchased a CM9 a couple weeks ago and love it. I went to a gun show with the intention of getting the LC9 but after handling the CM9 I knew the LC9 was out (and I rarely purchase a gun without firing it first). The balance and feel of the CM9 was much better and it didn't have the sharp edges the LC9 had which is imortant to me since I carry IWB. Once i got home and fired 75 flawless rounds I knew it was the right decision. Another few range sessions and this will join the EDC rotation.

Kahr CM9 without a doubt. I love mine. I've shot a LC9, and to me the Kahr trigger is light years better and smoother than the Ruger. The Kahr just felt better in my hand as well. Of course, that's a subjective thing, and YMMV.

If you want an ugly as sin loaded chamber indicator, manual safety, magazine disconnect safety and a heavy trigger, then the LC9 is for you.

i've said it several times before,if Ruger had made the lc9 identical to the lcp,i would have bought one a long time ago..just didn't care for the thumb safety,loaded chamber indicator,mag disconnect,internal lock Plus the looong trigger pull. the thumb safety is very positive though,does not seem like it would accidently get flipped on..i'd favor the Kahr but also consider which one is the best buy and best price..good luck

And if you want to buy a gun from a religious cult, buy a Kahr.

The Moonies need all the money they can get to get back to the mothership!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    And if you want to buy a gun from a religious cult, buy a Kahr.

The Moonies need all the money they can get to get back to the mothership!
    - Yes, because all Kahr employees are part of the Moonies. No sense in supporting American workers making a product in the good old USA (Worcester, MA).

I own the Ruger LCP, but it's basically a better quality Kel-Tec P380. They didn't even come up with their own design.

I don't really care who makes the gun I rely on daily to defend my life. At least as long as it is as reliable, concealable and accurate as my Kahr CM9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links