Question for PPS owners

Question for PPS owners

This is a discussion on Question for PPS owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First I'm not sure if this should be in here or general firearms so feel free to move as necessary. Ok now for business My ...

Question for PPS owners

First I'm not sure if this should be in here or general firearms so feel free to move as necessary.

Ok now for business

My wife's PPS has started to have problems with failure to extract/eject. I think I've found the problem but before I send it it I was hoping anyone with one would look and see if their extractor looks like hers in the picture. I've also noticed that the spring on the extractor isn't as strong as the one on my M&P I'm not sure if this is by design or if we got a weak one

PPS-extractor.jpg

And yes I know it's dirty we just got back from the range. The malfunctions occur whether it's clean or dirty and no pattern as far as what ammo is used as far as I can tell.

Thanks
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

After looking at mine, nothing glaring pops into mind. Hard to tell from the pic but perhaps the edge is not sharply defined. Warranty issues are handled by S&W, I'm sure they'll take care of it if necessary. The PPS is a great gun. Hope you get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    After looking at mine, nothing glaring pops into mind. Hard to tell from the pic but perhaps the edge is not sharply defined. Warranty issues are handled by S&W, I'm sure they'll take care of it if necessary. The PPS is a great gun. Hope you get it figured out.
    ^^^^^^^^
    Same here - mine is hard to move with just a finger...for comparison. Hope you get it worked out, I like mine as well.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Not 100% sure, but it looks like there might be some wear, or a small broken section on the lower half of your extractor, just below a white horizontal line.

Check out this thread on the Walther Forums:

PPS 9mm Extraction Issues w/ pics - WaltherForums

It has some very good pictures of a worn and new extractor.

I had some extraction issues with mine, but only for one range session, and after 300 rounds. Cleaned the heck out of it and it returned to 100% for the last 300 rounds.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Thanks guys. I guess a call to S&W is in order.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,

What is the date code on the PPS? To my knowledge, the Extractor was changed earlier on in their process. Which should be in the linked thread above. At any rate, a call to S&W and shipping the gun in is likely the solution. Good luck.

Well I called S&W today and they're sending a prepaid shipping label. I'll update when I get it back.

Links