sorta off topic but relates...where do I live...Gotta get outta NY

This is a discussion on sorta off topic but relates...where do I live...Gotta get outta NY within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; as state..gotta get outta ny. The city especially is dragging us down. it should be its own place like dc. anyways..gun laws are rediculous and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: sorta off topic but relates...where do I live...Gotta get outta NY

sorta off topic but relates...where do I live...Gotta get outta NY

as state..gotta get outta ny. The city especially is dragging us down. it should be its own place like dc.

anyways..gun laws are rediculous and need a warmer climate.

where can I go in 5 yr after kids outta school that has a warmer climate for me and my boat, but not a butal sumer and I can take my pistols with me. Granted I may need a CC license to carry but atleast I can have them with me and dont have to start all over again. where can I atleast own them before I get my CCW??

kentucky, tenessee. where can I go get a house and job and not give it all to the state and fed gov't!!

Chime in if you from the southern area and can have your guns in possession in your safe atleast and you can make a liven! Im an accountant with a career in working with GC's and contructions process.

Thanks
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

2. Remove Ads

What do you do for a living? Texas has good ( if there is such a thing) gun laws. CHL harder than some, but you can get it. NO state income tax. A 2000sq. ft. home averages 150-200k depending on area. Nevada has crappy gun laws, but no state income tax. Housing is depressed but still higher than Texas.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Come enjoy Texas. Weather is great... most of the winter has been 60-70's. Besides OC we're pretty good with the majority of our gun laws. Far from perfect, but better than most IMO. Cost of living is extremely low and our unemployment rate is one of the best in the country. Plenty of companies are moving here and creating jobs. The oil industry and the supporting industries that go along with it stay pretty strong through downturned economies. No state income tax is nice as well.

Didn't see the accountant part. Lots of GC's in my area. Biggest is Lee Lewis Const. Lubbock, TX Many more in Amarillo, Dallas, and Austin.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Virginia, isn't bad. PA where I am from is not bad on gun laws at all and the weather is pretty good compared to most portions of NY. Still in the north east but better laws and better weather(slightly).

Kansas is improving. You wouldn't be able to tell it now but it can get nasty in the winter and resembles hell in the summer but still better than living in nazi york, nazi jersey, commifornia, idionois, or merryland. Good luck in your search for freedom.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Georgia is great. Oh, you said you didn't want sweat laden blazing hot humid inferno summers... Nevermind.
    2wheelGnnr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Georgia is great. Oh, you said you didn't want sweat laden blazing hot humid inferno summers... Nevermind.
    I was going to mention Alabama, but yeah his request to not walk out the front door in the summer and start swimming made me change my mind..
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

I live in South Florida, winters are paradise, I have another home in the NC mountains. Great weather, gun laws are better than NY, but Northern GA(in the mountains) has better gun freedom and the weather is great also.

Florida is definitely out since we have 95 degrees every day from May 1 to November 1.....not kidding. First year here from Illinois, I thought I had moved to "Hell".......and the fire ants will make you crazy.
    And unless you speak Spanish, you will be a minority in Florida....English is becoming the lost language of the new century here.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I would say North Carolina, GA, or SC would be good choices... However SC's CWP and laws arent the best right now, but we are working on them:)

Consider Utah

I believe that Utah might have the combination of factors that would appeal to you:

1. Excellent gun laws.
    2. Well run state government - balanced budgets.
    3. Decent climate in summer - dry and higher altitude.
    4. Good economy - low unemployment.
    5. Utah is attracting companies from other states.
    6. Reasonable tax structure.
    7. Reasonable housing prices.
    8. Low crime rates.
    9. Good scenery.

Go to a website named Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more and dial in some Utah locations for research.
    2wheelGnnr and Dadsnugun like this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I like Florida. Last summer we had milder temperatures than a lot of the west and even up north. I can drive to some of the best beaches in the world by driving less than an hour east or west of here. Tons of lakes an springs. No property taxes, and great gun laws. FL was the 1st state in the country to stablish the castle doctrine in 1984. Last year it was extended to anywhere you can legally carry. It does not get much better that that. Also LEOs are respecful of law abiding citizens carrying unlike NY where if you are not a cop, or politically connected then you must be a criminal if you own a gun.

Get this: David Savageau's Places Rated Home Page | Places Rated

It is a tremendous resource and will give you many things to think about.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

You might check out the Kansas City area. Guns, you can't go wrong in KS or MO. Weather, I think we have a good balance of hot/cold/perfect weather. Plenty of places to get that boat wet too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links